By stonelli
Again, thanks Mike ;-)
By RichG
Just been through these and they help a LOT. Thank you very much Mike, you're a star.

Rich
By rdo2000
Thanks very much Mike, these are helpful. Enjoyed your lunchtime presentation at DMVC.

- rdo
By mverta
Yes, the next installment covers the "next level" of materials stuff - layers, clips, transmissives, etc.

_Mike
By numerobis
"Episode III" :mrgreen:
...i hope it doesn't last long anymore :D
Last edited by numerobis on Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
By d7mcfc
I can't believe how much clearer things are becoming!

Many thanks Mike!

I still believe you could make a small fortune from a tutorial DVD, your teaching style is clear and easy, and great for all the numb nuts like me to pick it all up.
By bunkiojo
d7mcfc wrote:I can't believe how much clearer things are becoming!

Many thanks Mike!

I still believe you could make a small fortune from a tutorial DVD, your teaching style is clear and easy, and great for all the numb nuts like me to pick it all up.
Here, here!

...or is it 'hear, hear'? Whatever. What he said.
By NoahPhense
d7mcfc wrote:I still believe you could make a small fortune from a tutorial DVD, your teaching style is clear and easy, and great for all the numb nuts like me to pick it all up.
shhh.. ;)

- np
By GavinScott
d7mcfc wrote:I still believe you could make a small fortune from a tutorial DVD,
Indeed, some of the smallest fortunes ever have been made in the 3D training field :-)

On the other hand, I think the existence of these demonstrations should be worth well into five-figures for Next Limit because they make getting started with Maxwell a hell of a lot easier than it was before, so I think NL should immediately contract with Mike to have him produce a complete series of videos (for a hefty sum) and make these available to everyone using, or considering using, Maxwell.

G.
By bunkiojo
GavinScott wrote:
d7mcfc wrote:I still believe you could make a small fortune from a tutorial DVD,
Indeed, some of the smallest fortunes ever have been made in the 3D training field :-)

On the other hand, I think the existence of these demonstrations should be worth well into five-figures for Next Limit because they make getting started with Maxwell a hell of a lot easier than it was before, so I think NL should immediately contract with Mike to have him produce a complete series of videos (for a hefty sum) and make these available to everyone using, or considering using, Maxwell.

G.
Again, Here, Hear!
By mverta
Well, obviously I didn't make these videos to cash in, and I've never taken a penny - nor do I think I would - from NL. Because in the end, this is how I show my support for not just a great rendering engine, but what I truly believe to be a very important philosophical change in how we go about our work. Maxwell is about letting us focus on creativity, and freeing us from having to be render technicians all day, teaching our engines how to generate images. But of course, it has a learning curve as well, which I just hoped to smooth out.

I certainly appreciate the entrepreneurial spirit, though, and I have somewhere in mind a sort of "uber-Maxwell-tutorial" set, which I literally couldn't afford to produce without charging for them. But somehow I think if I do my job with these, then further ones really might be redundant.

Anyway, thanks for the comments. I'm glad you guys are finding them helpful! Can't wait to see the new and improved renders!

_Mike
By d7mcfc
As always, looking forward to the next installment!

Any idea when you'll be posting it?
By Maximus3D
I haven't had the time to really look at your tutorial videos until now today and i have to say they're great! very well done Mike, so informative, and they make it easy to understand for us who know nothing.

Nice work!

As a small thanks here's one suitable photo i found. :)

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1247625/L/
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1255105/L/

/ Max
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]