By Mihai
8etty wrote:maxwell...as easy as taking a photo :D

EDIT:

the kiddo with the frisbee on his head is mihai's grand-grandfather :D

....when they said large format, they ment LAAAARRRGEEEE format......wonder what kind of digital camera you would need to match that.
By bathsheba
u.biq wrote: How did you do before M~R, for god sake ?
I didn't have a renderer I could use effectively. I still don't.

-Sheba
By Voidmonster
Sheba, I'm sure that folks here would be happy to help you get the kind of materials you need. If you can, just start a thread with pictures of the stuff you need recreated. I'd be more than happy to start recreating them, and I have no doubt others would as well.
By bathsheba
j_man wrote:
bathsheba wrote:Well, I'm stuck...
I'm still forgetting where I need my Nd, and trying to get my head around R2 (whats that dam second number again?) but compared to other systems is this really so complicated?
Yes. I couldn't use any of those other renderers you mention. Look at the first post of this thread. The pages of discussion about the chemistry of plastics and how they relate to layers. Any system where this is the simplest possible explanation, is not simple.
I just don't understand why everyone wants a 'glass' button, or a 'I am metal' button, if that was the case everyones rendering would look the same.
I'm not a render artist. I am a product designer. My renders will look different from anyone else's because my models are different. I don't want custom fictitious materials because I can't manufacture products in those materials. It's a waste of time for me to invent new materials, no matter how good they look.

There are basic materials in the library, and there is a wizard that will provide you with a base to elaborate on. There are also 256 ior files for specific materials which I can't ever imagine using.
There is not a good set of basic, well labeled, accessible materials in the library. If there were, I would be using them. I'm sure there are five or six useful basics scattered through the folders, but I haven't yet opened every cryptically-named file to find them.

What wizard are you talking about?

-Sheba
By DELETED
DELETED
By bathsheba
8etty wrote:
I'm not a render artist. I am a product designer
you're also a steve-buschemi-impersonator..a rare combination among designers :D
No, wait -- I am a FREE MAN!

Be seeing you,
-Sheba
By j_man
I am also a product designer!

I just don't think you're going to find an instant press button solution. A bit of time learning some stuff, and you'll be a master of plastic materials, in much the way you in maths modelling.

J.
By jotero
Helle all :)

INFO of JOTERO :!:
The material assignment in Maxwell v.1.0 is disaster "Dear NL team"

ciao
torolf
By mverta
Material assignment in Maxwell... you mean in Studio? Because I use Maxwell through Maya so my material assignment is, well, Maya's, which is great...

_Mike
By jotero
mverta wrote:Material assignment in Maxwell... you mean in Studio? Because I use Maxwell through Maya so my material assignment is, well, Maya's, which is great...

_Mike
>you mean in Studio? yes :cry:
By glebe digital
ludenhud wrote:Studio is a mess, it crashes allll the time and the material assignment is poor followed with selection bugs and loads of other problems…
It's strange how widely all our collective experiences of using Studio differs, it never crashes for me and I find material assignment a joy. :?
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]