Everything related to the integration for Cinema 4D.
By fv
Hi,
I am getting frequent crashes when editing materials in C4D. Usually when editing colors. I often go to Studio to avoid crashes and edit materials quicker.
OSX 10.12.5 C4D R18 Maxwell plugin
iMac 5K 32Gb ram, GPU M395X

This crash was when I disable BSDF and/or Layers after a few times C4D crashes. Fire was disabled.
You can download the full bug report here:
https://public.3.basecamp.com/p/SqD47aU ... r6wqayaEVW

I get this message at the crash:
Cinema 4D: Application error
More information can be found in
'/Users/Verhoeven/Library/Preferences/MAXON/CINEMA 4D R18_50E4FAD5/_bugreports/_BugReport.txt'.

After clicking 'OK' unsaved scene files will be saved as '_bugreports/_recovery_xxx.c4d'
Thanks, this shows a crash somewhere in the render engine (FIRE may be disabled, but the material preview is another small FIRE window); unfortunately, there is not enough information to perform a diagnosis, so if you notice any more details that could help me to reproduce a similar crash here, I would appreciate hearing them.
Hi,
I see that crashing occurs most often at editing materials that are converted C4D materials to Maxwell materials. Basicly, I can't edit a material that was converted.

Iow, using the material editor inside C4D for the Maxwell material crashes C4D. Using the other option to use Maxwell MXED works fine. I am using that now as a work around.

Hope this helps
Thanks, but I'm not seeing any crashes with converted materials, either. However, maybe it comes to a specific material setup; that is not unheard of, I recall in the past a problem where we could get a crash when using a specific value for anisotropy angle, along with some other specific thing (sss or such); it took a long time to find that, since if I didn't happen to use the specific combination, then I wouldn't observe the issue.

So, maybe if you save a copy of your file with everything removed but materials, confirm that the issue still occurs with this file, and then upload it, I can take a look and hopefully find the problem. There are also some options in the conversion dialog, so I'd need to know exactly which ones you are using, as well.
Sketchup 2024 Released

Any idea of when the Maxwell Sketchup plugin will […]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]