Everything related to the integration for Archicad.
Hi,

we have recently encountered some problems with the latest version of the maxwell plugin for archicad. We use AC 22 (Build 5009 on MAC OS 10.13.6)

issue 1: Almost every time we change the export files (MXS and MXI name) in the archicad render settings archicad will crash while exporting to maxwell. After restart archicad the process will work without any changes in file names or folder name (export folder). To us there seems to be no logical explanation. The export folder (maxwell) and original folder for the archicad file are both located on a mounted drive. Every user has write and read permissions.

issue 2: When loading / opening an archicad file with referenced mxs files (maxwell referenced MXS) the whole process of opening is extremely slow. This is especially weird since the archicad file has only 4 different referenced mxs files. One of those is a quite simple Coca Cola can that has about 500 instances in the archicad file. We thought using the referenced mxs system was all about not loading the full amount of data....but that does seem to be the case, since the loading time significanty drops when using just a few instances (5-10) of this cola can or any other referenced mxs file. The mxs file is only displayed in bounding box mode....

Can anyone help with these issues?

Best Alex
Hello Alex,

Sorry I haven't seen your message. Normally this forum engine should send notification about new entry to me, but it seems it doesn't do it now.

Do you still have these issues?

About the second issue:
ARCHICAD can be very slow with high polycount objects, so maybe the reason is simply this, it takes a lot of time to generate the polygon geometries for these mxs files.
What happens if you change the display mode of the mxs library part to something more simple? Is it still slow?

Márton
Hello Márton,

i only checked my forum account for a reply right now because i was a little curios, if there will be any responce to our problem....anyway. Yes, the problems still exist.

About the second issue: the cola can is only shown in bounding box full (display mode), the referenced mxs is about 4,5 MB and hasn´t got many polygons...

Best,
Alex
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]