Everything related to Studio.
By brodie_geers
Basically, I've got a mid-poly architectural model (i think around 45k triangles). As I move around in the regular viewport, it gets 'stuck' a lot. One small section (maybe 1/8th of the viewport) will continue to move and rotate while the rest of it won't update as I move around. At some point (right clicking seems to do the trick if it doesn't on it's own) the viewport will return to normal. Meanwhile the Fire viewport is working just fine. I've noticed this behavior in is more common right after I right click and chose "focus to" and pick a point, if I zoom in/out after that I get this buggie behavior.

I'm on Win7 64bit with plenty of hardware (Intel 980x, Quadro FX3700, 18gb RAM).

-Brodie
By brodie_geers
I'm continuing to get this behavior occasionally. Today I've noticed that it seems to be unrelated to FIRE. Fire hasn't been enabled, yet the viewport is continuously getting stuck.

Anyone else have this issue?

-Brodie
By polynurb
i have seen something similar on a friends laptop (hp workstation laptop with some mobile quadro in it).

studio would not update the viewport at all.. until suddenly everything is fine again.
he was just trying out the demo and i have not worked on it myself.. so i couldn't say if it is related to running any commands before.

in my own machine i am running a quadro cx/fx 4800 and i have never experienced anything like it.

daniel
By Pawel Kruk
I confirm. Only 1/8 (lower right corner) of the viewport window works, the rest freezes. Right click on the viewport refreshes it.
I'm running Dell Precision M6400, Intel Core2Duo 8700, 4GB RAM, nVidia Quadro FX 2700, Win7 32Bit.

Pawel
By acelstein
I can confirm that I have experienced this issue on both PC and Mac versions. Behaviour is similar to that described above. At some point (possibly relating to focus to) the viewport freezes except for a corner in the lower right. This sometimes seems to go away by itself, and sometime seems to be cured by resetting the workspace.

Is this confirmed as a bug, or is it possible that my preference settings could somehow be changed to work around? I have pretty powerful machines with up to date graphics cards and drivers, so i am not worried on this front

thks

adam
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]