Everything related to Maxwell Render and general stuff that doesn't fit in other categories.
By rmulley
Hey,

Running OSX.4.2 on a dual G5

Did the license thing.....Maxwell bounces once in the dick....thats it, nothing.

Any ideas ?
By rmulley
sorry, it doesn't even bounce, just appears then disappears just as quick
By rmulley
I double clicked on the rbg.mxs file as per the instructions.....it doesn't open.

When I double click on the mxcl it opens the terminal and I get this....

Last login: Thu Sep 22 18:05:20 on ttyp2
Welcome to Darwin!
richard-mulleys-power-mac-g5:~ rmulley$ /Applications/maxwell.app/Contents/MacOS/mxcl; exit
License not valid. Program aborted.
Please Register Maxwell.

Which leads me to believe it's not reading my registration properly
By rmulley
the plugin works in FormZ.....but when I click to render I get the same thing......Maxwell icon appears then disappears in the dock.

please help...this is really annoying me.
I know it's only a Beta....but come on, why isn't it even useable by us mere non-technical folk ????
By rmulley
With the latest install instructions the license.txt is already in the MacOS Folder.

I've run Onyx still to no avail.
By kingpin
It sure sounds like a problem with "license.txt."

Did you replaced serial number and other registration info (in license.txt) with your registration info? The one that comes with maxwell does not contain valid serial...

If you have replaced registration info, you should double check the "license.txt"... make sure that there is no white space at the end or at the beginning of lines, no extra empty line in the file... etc. and make sure that initial dummy data are completely replaced with you registration info.

If these won't solve your problem, you should contact NL. I have read that someone got a wrong serial from NL before...
By rmulley
kingpin.....yeah I checked and re-check that stuff about 20 times, still no joy.

I have sent it off to NL for checking too.
By juan
Hi!
Perhaps you have the license file placed in a wrong folder. open an OS X console and then press "render scene" button. do you watch any message?
Regards,

Juan
By kingpin
Hi, Juan.

I just tried simple tests (well, my newly installed version is working. This is just a test hoping this will help solving rmulley's problem).

First, I removed my lisence.txt from maxwell to recreate misplaced license file. Then, I run maxwell by double-clicking rgb.mxs. I got following error on console:
>License file not found. Program aborted.
>Please Register Maxwell.

Next, I edited my lisence.txt (deleted a letter) and repeated above operations. Then I got:
>License not valid. Program aborted.
>Please Register Maxwell.

Since rmulley is getting the second error, I would suspect a problem with contents of lisence.txt (possibly wrong SN?).
By rmulley
OK......I did as per the instructions which were 'no spaces'
however, my good man Miguel at NL sent back the license info to type it out as is.....with spaces......so a little confusing but got there in the end.

:)

now to do some cool render...
By cheffey
I'm getting the same thing you did, except I've tried to type it in several different ways (with spaces without, etc. to no avail). I've contacted tech support hopefully they can get me up and running soon.
By Dean Baker
I had the same problem. It turned out that I had unzipped the app in a folder closer to root than the copy I had made to my Applications folder. When running .mxs files it was seeing the other app (with no valid .txt file) rather than the one in my Applications folder.

In simpler words - make sure you only have one, unzipped MAXWELL folder/app on your Mac.

HTH

Dean
By cheffey
Thank you Dean!
everything works fine now.
[/i]
By marked001
I've tried everything you guys have suggested, I've messed with the license.txt and tried different variations... cleared all maxwell folders and unzipped it direction within the applications folder... when i click rgb.mxs... I get a bouncing maxwell in the dock..and then it quickly disappears..same as its been... if i try to export, the program just closes out....

I had console open... but it didnt register anything when i attempted to open rgb.mxs? any ideas?
By marked001
getting this log in console..

Nov 18 22:25:24 pcp0010909051pcs crashdump: Unable to determine CPSProcessSerNum pid: 2281 name: mxcl

bad serial?
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]