Everything related to Maxwell Render and general stuff that doesn't fit in other categories.
By gloomer
Max wrote:whats annoying to me is that i have to pay again for something i have already payed and it should have been there on V4. i dont know you guys but i have spent around 600€ for V4...for what?
V4 was gpu, not V5. This is quite absurd to me.
Without counting that im pretty sure its gonna be plagued by crashes left and right. I'll wait quite a lot if i'll decide to upgrade but i dont think so.
it is simple - we paid for Roombox development.
By Max
well sorry but i need more. I think they need to release a fully working demo for people who purchased v4. Just to see where we are at. I lost my faith on this render engine when they didnt deliver a functioning version on 4.

I want to test the engine under my computer specs, see if it uses all gpus and the amount of bugs with additive materials, lights discrepancies and the mess it can create while using it. I already have been there with V4.

Im not going to pay again to be another alpha tester. Dont get me wrong, problems and issues are present in every engine but still what they didnt deliver with v4 was too abysmal for me.

I wont buy anymore not knowing exactly what is going to work.
With all the main features it's not horrible nor great. It's passable to me. They could've done a lot better. I also don't think all other GPU features that are NOT supported haven't been at least worked on. I gave them a chance for this next Dev cycle though.
By numerobis
Hard selling...
Maxwell 5 PRE-ORDER

Wait, what?

You didn't get the pre-order yet?

The pre-order has its days counted, and there is not much left!

So go and pre-order now your Maxwell 5 license before the offer ends!

Don't say we didn't warned you.

Disclaimer: Offer available until Maxwell 5 launches. This offer includes a pre-order for a Maxwell 5 license, your will get the license whenever Maxwell 5 launches.

The videos on twitter and this...
Looks like they didn't want to put any money into the marketing...

So that's it? Two most basic "features" like additive layers on GPU and multi GPU? (without much information) And the "v-ray converter" that already was available in Maxwell 4 3dsmax (and that never really worked as i tested it) now available in Studio?
And it looks like the ugly hard caustics noise is still present - and the stupid two pass denoiser too...
https://twitter.com/MaxwellRender/statu ... 2954166272

So there is absolutely NO improvement or new features on the CPU side after 3 (4) years?
No demo version to test it and then this hard sell?

So thanks... but no thanks! Good bye Maxwell...

By jojojoj
OK, preorder about to end, what about all the yet unfinished plugins i.e. Cinema in my case, where we were told there'd be the possibility to preorder too?
What can we expect in terms of compatibility with C4D R21? I understand that the new SDK of R21 poses problems in terms of coding complexity, but is it for this year or rather for the end of 2020?
Please NL communicate, why so shy about infos so crucial for the people you expect to sell your software to?
It's a bit of a frustration for one who loves Maxwell but can't really feel convinced about what's going on....
By luis.hijarrubia
jojojoj wrote:OK, preorder about to end, what about all the yet unfinished plugins i.e. Cinema in my case, where we were told there'd be the possibility to preorder too?
What can we expect in terms of compatibility with C4D R21? I understand that the new SDK of R21 poses problems in terms of coding complexity, but is it for this year or rather for the end of 2020?
Please NL communicate, why so shy about infos so crucial for the people you expect to sell your software to?
It's a bit of a frustration for one who loves Maxwell but can't really feel convinced about what's going on....
The pre order period is going to end for announced plugins. But any pluggin that is not ready yet will have their own pre order period. We are working to have all supported plugins out this year. Anyway if you are interested in pre order any plugin right now, they said to me that you can email sales and they will do it manually.
By sinatropus
That's good to hear, because we have 3 licenses of which none are available to pre-order. Which brings me to another question. Can I update one of the three floating licenses to v5 and still use other 2 for v4 if they are all in the same network?
By jojojoj
From documentation of R5 you can see that:
SSS, dispersion, coatings, procedural tex and multilight are yet to be implemented in the gpu engine.
Also no AMD cards for the moment.
By jojojoj
luis.hijarrubia wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:59 pm
The pre order period is going to end for announced plugins. But any pluggin that is not ready yet will have their own pre order period. We are working to have all supported plugins out this year. Anyway if you are interested in pre order any plugin right now, they said to me that you can email sales and they will do it manually.
Ok, that sounds fine. So C4D R21 compatibility more or less to the end of the year or is this only up to R20?

Thanks Luis
By luis.hijarrubia
jojojoj wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:18 pm
Ok, that sounds fine. So C4D R21 compatibility more or less to the end of the year or is this only up to R20?

Thanks Luis
I heard R21 included this year, but I'm really related to plugin development.
Sketchup 2024 Released

Any idea of when the Maxwell Sketchup plugin will […]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]