Everything related to Maxwell Render and general stuff that doesn't fit in other categories.
By Mark Bell
Order placed....feels like Christmas has come early!

Is it possible to include the Mercedes MXS file shown in the demo MP4 so we can test the model on our systems?
By T0M0
How about GPU limitations ?
Will it be 1:1 compared to the CPU version regarding features (SSS, nested dielectrics, hair/fur, output channels,... ) ?
What architectures of Nvidia cards are supported ?

All those information will be revealed before the upgrade offer expires ?
By mjcherry
While I'm sure GPU rendering is the greatest thing in the world for many, I'm not sure it will help me with the scenes I create. Having said that, I'd be thrilled to upgrade to v5 if I get a fully functional Maya plugin that doesn't crash...
By Tea_Bag
gloomer wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:31 pm
just a reminder: they promised full-functional GPU render in V4...
Yeah V4 had it’s false promises but I am just glad that Maxwell is still being developed! They have also compensated existing users to a lower price offer to upgrade to V5 which takes the sting out of it! :)

Of course it will depend on what’s new in V5 and that GPU rendering is fully supported! Looking at the Videos so far it looks promising.
Last edited by Tea_Bag on Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Raphael Tobar
I bought v4 hoping to have full GPU support, was a little disappointed but I can't complain of the quality it delivered. I understand development has been rough but it's still an amazing technology nonetheless. It's ridiculous not to support this project. This is a big step for Maxwell because it opens pathways towards RTX and hybrid computations. Rendering is slow for a reason; its algorithm is not meant to cut corners, but speed is a relative term and that bottleneck/budget will soon be non-existent in the next few years. Maxwell has a subtlety that I can't compare. Its material system is the best I've used. I've already upgraded and I'm looking forward for further developments.
By Gary
Hello Maxwell team,

Please choose transparency when dealing with your customers.

I think it is fair to advise us on exactly what the new features are, and what software platforms will be supported before asking us to upgrade (with some time expiration implied).

Will we know the new features and the supported platforms before V5 is released, and thus be able to participate in a "upgrade sale price"?

Thanks,

Gary Helfand
By Tea_Bag
Raphael Tobar wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:40 pm
I bought v4 hoping to have full GPU support, was a little disappointed but I can't complain of the quality it delivered. I understand development has been rough but it's still an amazing technology nonetheless. It's ridiculous not to support this project. This is a big step for Maxwell because it opens pathways towards RTX and hybrid computations. Rendering is slow for a reason; its algorithm is not meant to cut corners, but speed is a relative term and that bottleneck/budget will soon be non-existent in the next few years. Maxwell has a subtlety that I can't compare. Its material system is the best I've used. I've already upgraded and I'm looking forward for further developments.
+1
By James Linehan
hopefully this is not one of those Kick Starter projects that may or may not be shipped
By Tea_Bag
James Linehan wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:14 pm
hopefully this is not one of those Kick Starter projects that may or may not be shipped
Next limit have always delivered when it comes to quality across their products. Maxwell V4 was the only time I have seen them not meet customers expectations.

I have a good feeling about V5 :D
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]