Everything related to Maxwell Render and general stuff that doesn't fit in other categories.
By PA3K
Hello,
I have problem, when I have installed Maxwellrender V3 and also V4. Maxwell V3 because of Rhino plugin for Rhinoceros 4 and Maxwell V4 Studio. RLM server is installed once. If I install just Maxwellrender V3 and Rhino plugin, everything works fine. The same if I install just Maxwellrender V4 alone. But it doesn´t work if both V3 and V4 are installed.
If I try to start render (with Maxwellrender V3) from Rhinoceros 4, it will show license error message (no valid license present). Then I have to put license data and add to existing license (or overwrite existing license data). Then it will show active licenses. But when I try again to start render from Rhino, there is license error message again :( .
Is someone here using V3 and V4 licenses simultaneously ?

Patrik
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By PA3K
No Dmitriy, that is not the case. I have Rhinoceros 4 and Rhinoceros 6 installed on my laptop (no Rhinoceros 5). I installed Maxwell V3.2.5 with Rinoceros plugin to Rhinoceros 4 (32 bit). Everything is working perfect to this point. Then I installed Maxwellrender 4.2.03 (just render node and Studio, because there is no Maxwellrender V4 plugin for Rhinoceros 4 and Rhinoceros 6). Now Maxwellrender 4.2.03 is working, but Maxwellrender 3.2.5 shows license error. Rereading Maxwellrender 3.2.5 license doesn´t help, just uninstalling Maxwellrender V4.2.03 helps. What am i doing wrong? ...
Patrik
By PA3K
Hi Fernando,

could You please check this topic?
I just want to use:
1. maxwellrender 3 with plugin for rhinoceros 4
together with
2. maxwellrender 4 with studio 4 (and future plugin for rhinoceros 6)

I have both mw3 and mw4 floating licenses as shown above, but when I install mw 4 with studio 4, mw 3 license stop working.
There is no answer yet ...

Thanks
Patrik
By Forum Moderator
Hey Patrick,

I'm sorry I didn't notice your message before.
To solve the problem, please go to this folder in File Explorer: C:\ProgramData\Next Limit\Maxwell\licenses
There you will find your license files. Those files can be opened in Notepad and edited up to a certain point (signature, host ID, customer, etc. cannot be changed).
Leave maxwell_license.lic alone as it just tells Maxwell where to look for the RLM and open the other three you should have there in Notepad.
We want to make just one file out of the three license files we have by copying and pasting the whole content of two of them into the other. Just copy the whole block of text after LICENSE (and including it) and paste it below the one of the other; we don't need to duplicate this text:
HOST localhost blablablabla 5053
ISV nextlimit
(this is only needed once on top)

We only have to copy and paste the LICENSE blocks, so you'll have something like this:

HOST localhost blablablabla 5053
ISV nextlimit
LICENSE (maxwell 4.0) adfadfafagagagagagagafgafgafgafgafg
agafgagfagfagfagfagfafgagfagf
agagfafgagfagfagagafgafgafgaf
afgagfafgagfagagfagagfagfagfafg
LICENSE (maxwell_node 4.0) adfadfafagagagagagagafgafgafgafgafg

LICENSE (maxwell_rhino 4.0) adfadfafagagagagagagafgafgafgafgafg
LICENSE (maxwell_node 4.0) adfadfafagagagagagagafgafgafgafgafg

LICENSE (maxwell 3.0) adfadfafagagagagagagafgafgafgafgafg
LICENSE (maxwell_node 3.0) adfadfafagagagagagagafgafgafgafgafg

After that, just save it (maybe you have to save it to the desktop and then copy it back to C:\ProgramData\Next Limit\Maxwell\licenses) and remove the rest except for maxwell_license.lic
Then restart the RLM or the computer.

It should work fine then.

Best,
Fernando
By PA3K
Hi Fernando,

Thank You for Your response.
You described it in detail, but it somehow doesn`t work for me. I have this folder File Explorer: C:\ProgramData\Next Limit\Maxwell\licenses and there are my licenses, but can You please tell me exactly what to do in order? Because it seems, that it depends on order what I am doing. What version of MWR install first (3 or 4) ? Do I need to install newest RLM first ?
I tried to install this way:
1. I have installed Rhinoceros 4
2. I have installed Rhinoceros 6
3. I have installed MWR3
4. I have installed MWR3 for Rhino4 plugin
5. I have licensed MWR3
6. I have installed MWR4 Studio + node
7. I have licensed MWR4 Studio
8. I have installed MWR4 for Rhino6 plugin (when asked, I checked "NO" to reinstall already installed MWR4 node)
9. I have licensed MWR4 for Rhino6 plugin (I chose add not overwrite license)
10. I opened all three licenses and copied two of them to third one (maxwell_suite_floating.lic) - that third one was originaly created by MWR3, leaved maxwell_license.lic file unchanged
11. I opened Rhinoceros 4 and made simple box scene, hit render. MWR3 started and asked for license with licenseactivator. Licensed with "add" option.
12. I opened maxwell_suite_floating.lic and saw that there is just another MWR3 same license in the license list.
13. I opened Rhinoceros 6, made simple box scene and hit render. MWR4 asked for license.
14. I started RLM server and rlm reread
15. I opened Rhinoceros 4 and made simple box scene, hit render. Asked for license. Message "Failed to run the license activator"...

I am going crazy ...
Thank You in advance Fernando for soon answer.

Patrik
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]