Everything related to Maxwell Render and general stuff that doesn't fit in other categories.
Yes, Wikipedia makes no mention of Maxwell v4!

FYI, I was simply using the Windows release schedule and the Maxwell release schedules as a way to kind of point out that maybe things are just . . . well . . . normal timeframe at the moment from a historical perspective. Perhaps it's our expectations that have changed.

Yes, Windows is often buggy even after spending two or three years on average between the software updates. So, maybe Maxwell is just kind of normal pacing at the moment. I don't know . . . seems that way to me. :)

I hope the reason for the silence is that they're taking the time to do the next update right.
I was also searching for some free informations on linkedin. It seems there are some changes behind the scenes :
https://www.linkedin.com/company/next-l ... chnologies
Picture of New Headquarters - seems like they solved sun caustic through dielectric problem :D (just joking, you all know).
https://www.linkedin.com/in/juancanadagarcia
Seems like Juan left development some time ago.
These are official open public informations.

Artem, of course we should do some more useful things, then to guess what is going on behind the scenes, but there are not many of us left here active :wink: .
I am still optimistic, maybe not as much as You, but I am 8) .
LadleSky10 wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:21 pm
Yes, Wikipedia makes no mention of Maxwell v4!

FYI, I was simply using the Windows release schedule and the Maxwell release schedules as a way to kind of point out that maybe things are just . . . well . . . normal timeframe at the moment from a historical perspective. Perhaps it's our expectations that have changed.

Yes, Windows is often buggy even after spending two or three years on average between the software updates. So, maybe Maxwell is just kind of normal pacing at the moment. I don't know . . . seems that way to me. :)

I hope the reason for the silence is that they're taking the time to do the next update right.
Totally agree :) in fact there are probably more than 10 time more people involved in Windows development and it is still pretty buggy sometimes :) So Maxwell - is a very solid one.
Every software has bugs and some issues - but that is only because it has to deal with humans :))

I do think that NL did a great job already by creating Maxwell the way it is now. So if it will take them a bit longer than I expect to update or upgrade - that's fine to me.
What I do kinda miss is a more active position from NL. I think they need a community manager.
To simply talk with people. This guy .. or .. (better girl) doesn't have to give an answers or disclose confidential info - but rather simply talk with the community so that users will be assured that all their hopes, reports, wishes and so on are heard and understood.

It's like a hotline when they are not solving your problems - but just communicating with so that you know that ... you're not alone : )))) ..I'm exaggerating here but you get the point :))
PA3K wrote:I was also searching for some free informations on linkedin. It seems there are some changes behind the scenes :
https://www.linkedin.com/company/next-l ... chnologies
Picture of New Headquarters - seems like they solved sun caustic through dielectric problem :D (just joking, you all know).
- Ahha :))))

So, there you are! Development of Realflow's integration with the DCC software (read Maya / C4D) - is kinda a big deal ... it's not just a standalone app it is a deep integration with biggest (and pretty complex) apps out there. Now if you look at the bigger picture - isn't it the first steps to what everyone was asking for ?

Making a deeper integration to a specific software means Realflow will not just be as a connection plugin (import / export) - but rather an app that will utilise the host application at its best.
And we all know if it'll be a successful for RealFlow - it might hit the Maxwell too - as those two go pretty close together.

So, it feels like that at this point NL is heavily focusing on deeper integration of RealFlow into different DCC apps (Like C4D, Max, Maya and etc) - to use it's full potential.
Maybe it means that in some cases you need to re-write the code .. or spend more time than usual to make it more stable.

And maybe once its done there'll be something similar with Maxwell .. like say Maxwell || SketchUp - not just an import plugin with FIRE but the entire engine right there working better together with the host app - means less bugs, less freezes and less issues along the workflow.

Oh and yeah .. Moving the office is never a small thing. That alone could keep them pretty busy for a while.
And let's not forget their new project - https://begraph.net - for Realtime Data viz. Feels like it is a big deal these days. And in comparison to other data visualisation platforms - of course it looks amazing :)

So there you go - they are pretty busy to say at least :)

Now regarding us, users - we have a few realistic options:

1. - Be a victims and just keep complaining and mumble about how everything is bad and slow
2. - Do something :)

Cheers :)
Well ... that's a solid answer.
I think that any tech company these days needs something like that. Universe is a pretty slick solution.. Looks like it. And they make a lot of sense on their website there. Maybe it is the train that will eventually push the development of both RealFlow and Maxwell even further.
It is obvious that there are other more successful render engines out there .. due to the speed or price or even tutorials availability. None of them delivers the same quality but it feels like that people are okay to settle for less but faster. Or cheaper.
So NL is taking different approach where quality is extremely important - that's very clever. Pair it with Ai automation - it's a 2 way street.

I don't mind waiting to see what they'll have with the next Maxwell version. pretty sure it'll be something cool.
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]