Everything related to Maxwell Render and general stuff that doesn't fit in other categories.
By Mihai
Hi Maxwellians,

Just wanted to quickly show you some renders of a new set of brass materials created by Leonardo Giomarelli (ilgioma), which I think really demonstrate one of the most important things to understand about Maxwell - if you take the time to create realistic materials, the rest just becomes so much easier. And conversely, if your materials are crap, then your render will most certainly also be...crap.

Also, *DO* use the Maxwell material assistants to quickly give you realistic materials.

In these renders I just used one my HDRs and the "Advantix 100" tonemapping preset.

By rusteberg
Dmitriy Berdnichenko wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:42 pm
Here is a sample photo vs render but i am still working on it.
I didn't read what you wrote and thought the first one was a render..... I almost walked down to McDonalds to apply for a job :)

very nice metal material up top!
By feynman
That looks indeed very good!

However, to render something like the capped nuts image only as high as HD format will probably take hours to bring out the metal and very subtle scratches/anisotropy effect.

These images from 2016 were a pain to achieve, taking very many hours at such low resolution and were looking awfully fake still. In industrial design, it is all about being able to replace photography so the client can start with PR and selling while the product is still in prototype stage.

Montblanc biscuit porcelain (SSS necessary)

Brass (cw508l), copper (cw024a), silver steel (1.2210)
Nasok wrote:Woah! amazing materials :))
Looking great!! please keep it coming!!
You guys inspire all of us :)
That looks indeed very good!

However, to render something like the capped nuts image only as high as HD format will probably take hours to bring out the metal and very subtle scratches/anisotropy effect.

These images from 2016 were a pain to achieve, taking very many hours at such low resolution and were looking awfully fake still. In industrial design, it is all about being able to replace photography so the client can start with PR and selling while the product is still in prototype stage.

Montblanc biscuit porcelain (SSS necessary)
Thanks Nasok
I personally intend to continue my collaboration with Maxwellzone and then with the creation of content for Maxwell Render. I am already working on new materials that I hope to put online soon.
Thanks feynman for showing us your beautiful works

Leo
By feynman
Leonardo Giomarelli wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:29 pm
Come on, those ain't that good, they look artificial. Your brass material, with microscratches, even at this low forum resolution, is far better.

And that is the point; no good material library for industrial design, even if studios are willing to spend money, like they do without even thinking for Arroway textures, vegetation, people, accessories, etc.
feynman wrote:
Leonardo Giomarelli wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:29 pm
Come on, those ain't that good, they look artificial. Your brass material, with microscratches, even at this low forum resolution, is far better.

And that is the point; no good material library for industrial design, even if studios are willing to spend money, like they do without even thinking for Arroway textures, vegetation, people, accessories, etc.
The idea is precisely to create a library of perfect materials based on photographic references. For now I have made only 2, the other is the generic plastic that I attach.

Leo
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]