Everything related to Maxwell Render and general stuff that doesn't fit in other categories.
By luis.hijarrubia
We want to show you things we are working on / we already have done. And Fernando has come with the idea of this guessing game. So... with that image. Can you guess the improvement?

By choo-chee
i was gonna joke about speed improvements that make the image render with speedy motion blur but after getting the de-noiser, speed jokes are pointless finally...maybe it's a hint about rendering animation from a single MXS file ?
By luis.hijarrubia
choo-chee wrote:or maybe a referenced MXS that has another MXS inside it ....?
And we have a winner. Yes, now you can have mxs references inside mxs references inside mxs references. Even yourself.
By Rafal SLEK
I was almost sure that nobody read about my problem here: viewtopic.php?f=109&t=44488 :D
Now this should be possible, problem lied in mxs references linked to ARCHICAD as mxs reference.

By Forum Moderator
That kind of situation was the seed of this improvement. AC plugin has that feature for animations that references the whole scene into a small file that contains only what changes: cameras and physical sky (for time lapses, etc.), this way you get fast exports with smaller file sizes; but that wasn't useful if you had references in the original scene, as they wouldn't show in render. I first asked for one or two extra levels of nesting, but Luis found easy to have a virtually unlimited amount of instances. Currently, we put a limit of 128 levels of nesting, but that can be changed.

And you can also do fractals with this! :D
By luis.hijarrubia
Forum Moderator wrote:That kind of situation was the seed of this improvement. AC plugin has that feature for animations that references the whole scene into a small file that contains only what changes: cameras and physical sky (for time lapses, etc.), this way you get fast exports with smaller file sizes; but that wasn't useful if you had references in the original scene, as they wouldn't show in render. I first asked for one or two extra levels of nesting, but Luis found easy to have a virtually unlimited amount of instances. Currently, we put a limit of 128 levels of nesting, but that can be changed.

And you can also do fractals with this! :D

I have to deny things here. This wasn't easy at all. You can have instances inside references, instances of references, instances of references inside references that are instanced... and so on. But once I entered that world having 2 levels or 128 it's just a number. In my test 128 is fine for cpu, but it's too much for current gpus, 32 levels of nesting it's the maximum I tested right on my gpu. It can be used to do kind of fractals, as I allow self-references. But I can't recommend it in production as it takes a lot of memory. If that field of use is highly demanded a memory improvement should be done.
Sketchup 2024 Released

Any idea of when the Maxwell Sketchup plugin will […]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]