Everything related to Maxwell Render and general stuff that doesn't fit in other categories.
By seghier
luis.hijarrubia wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:33 am
seghier wrote: beautiful ; can we use the textures too or just the colors ?
I don't get you. It's like any other procedural texture, you can do the same as you can do with the checker one.
for example using other procedural textures (wood ; marble,noise... ) with this one
By luis.hijarrubia
seghier wrote: for example using other procedural textures (wood ; marble,noise... ) with this one
You can stack any procedurals, and / or a bitmap, like with others procedurals.
By Forum Moderator
For the moment, it will work as any other procedural texture: you can use them in the plugins through mxm files.

Let's see if we can make this more easily accessible from the plugins.
By Max
Hello, how is it going with implementation of multi gpu, additive layers on gpu, coating sss dispersion thin sss nested dielectrics on gpu, hair and fur on gpu, grass on gpu, multilight and so on?
you guys released 4.0 end of early october 2016... maxwell gpu is still 70% unfinished after almost 2 years?
By Nasok
no one likes GPU :))

okay . .so it is some sort of value multiplier .. which might be very beneficial for all sorts of tiles and etc. .. Can it . .say .. be applied to a bunch of objects ? Like you have one material that has this "multiplier" and you apply it to say 100 wall tiles so that they all have for instance same texture but different value of multiplied colour ? so some apple a bit darker, or in shifted HUE?

Cheers!
By choo-chee
Nasok wrote:no one likes GPU :))

okay . .so it is some sort of value multiplier .. which might be very beneficial for all sorts of tiles and etc. .. Can it . .say .. be applied to a bunch of objects ? Like you have one material that has this "multiplier" and you apply it to say 100 wall tiles so that they all have for instance same texture but different value of multiplied colour ? so some apple a bit darker, or in shifted HUE?

Cheers!
haha that's what i asked, same car different color in the carpaint....
By luis.hijarrubia
As for GPU, I will post improvements on this thread soon.

Well, this is not any multiplier, as I said before It's a procedural texture. This far we have seen it gives random color on different objects (you can select hue, saturation and value min and max for that random colors). But the last picture shows random colors inside 1 object, all the color is from the procedural, it's not multiplying anything else.
By Nasok
Alrighty so technically if we would need a value multiplier we could create one BSDF with texture we like and then, say create another layer with a colour that we want to overlay and for layer mask we can use this procedural texture (Black and white values) to kinda mix those and alter the texture brightness / roughness values ..
is that sounds about right ?

Also - can this texture to be applied to different object's transmittance colour ? please say yes! :))))
By luis.hijarrubia
Nasok wrote:Alrighty so technically if we would need a value multiplier we could create one BSDF with texture we like and then, say create another layer with a colour that we want to overlay and for layer mask we can use this procedural texture (Black and white values) to kinda mix those and alter the texture brightness / roughness values ..
is that sounds about right ?

Also - can this texture to be applied to different object's transmittance colour ? please say yes! :))))
You can apply it to any place that have a texture picker. That means, reflectance, transmitance, roughness, layer opacity...

And yes, you can combine a bsdf with random texture in some values with any other bsdf of your choice.

But, we are loosing focus. The new image shows something new, and that's randoms on tiling. This is completly new on texture extensions, we have changed extensions sdk so each extension knows the tiling information.
By Nasok
Well . .what can I say . .sounds like it has a potential to become a very powerful tool for maxwell ...correct me if I'm wrong, but maxwell is subdivisions dependent ... so the engine would rather prefer to have a bigger (smarter) texture and less geometry than smaller texture and more geometry ...
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]