Everything related to Maxwell Render and general stuff that doesn't fit in other categories.
By Pam LaValle
I am using Maxwell with Sketchup 2016. I'm having trouble getting the shadows to show up in the Maxwell render. They show up fine in the Sketchup model, but are gone when sent to Maxwell. I have the shadow option turned on for each material. What else do I need to do for them to show up? Thank You.
By Mihai
Could you post a render to see what's going on? Is it shadows from the Physical Sky? Is the Sun activated in the Maxwell scene settings?
By Forum Moderator
If you mean "Floating Shadows" option, they will only show in Fire, but not in render.

But you can activate ground plane in Scene Manager > Environment tab and you will get shadows on it. Another option is building your own plane as ground.

The shadow option in materials is there to activate that material as a shadow catcher in Shadows channel. Only the materials that have that option active will show in shadow channel, but it won't affect render result.
There's nothing special to be done for the objects to cast shadows; they do it naturally but SketchUp's ground plane is a special one, as it is infinite. In the case of Maxwell, if activated, a very big disc is generated centred in the coordinate system, but it is not infinite.
Sketchup 2024 Released

Any idea of when the Maxwell Sketchup plugin will […]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]