Everything related to Maxwell Render and general stuff that doesn't fit in other categories.
By Max
Hi. When i use Maxwell Material Editor standalone (4.2.0.3)and i switch in the preference (file > Preference > Preview) to "CPU Production" mode and press "Update" to render the material, i get an error, attached image.

Not licensed for production use. My maxwell 4.2.0.3 is all licensed, studio works fine and so on.
Anyone have any clue whats going on? By the way, on maxwell 3.2 it works.

thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Max wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:58 pm
Hi. When i use Maxwell Material Editor standalone (4.2.0.3)and i switch in the preference (file > Preference > Preview) to "CPU Production" mode and press "Update" to render the material, i get an error, attached image.

Not licensed for production use. My maxwell 4.2.0.3 is all licensed, studio works fine and so on.

thank you.
Can't reproduce it. What kind of license do you have? The is a plugin, studio or render opened at the same time?
seghier wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:03 pm
yes i see this message
other problem if we use "the save icon" to save a material and click close or save or cancel the editor closed
if we save from the menu than click on save icon the editor closed
The save icon it's actually "save and close". It's the intended behaviour. The only thing missing is the tooltip.
By Max
luis.hijarrubia wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:54 pm
Max wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:58 pm

thank you.
Can't reproduce it. What kind of license do you have? The is a plugin, studio or render opened at the same time?
i have a maxwell 4.0 permanent license (full suite). no other software was open. I just opened the material editor standalone and it gave me that error.
i've actually tried now to open studio and then material editor standalone and it gave me the same warning.
Something to note: if i enable CPU production rendering inside maxwell studio in the material editor, it works.
It seems it does not work only on the material editor standalone.

my name is Massimo Galluzzo if you want to check my license.
Max wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:05 pm
i have a maxwell 4.0 permanent license (full suite). no other software was open. I just opened the material editor standalone and it gave me that error.
i've actually tried now to open studio and then material editor standalone and it gave me the same warning.
Something to note: if i enable CPU production rendering inside maxwell studio in the material editor, it works.

I ment if the license is node locked or floating. Thanks.
By Max
luis.hijarrubia wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:09 pm
Max wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:05 pm

I ment if the license is node locked or floating. Thanks.
It is node locked
By seghier
luis.hijarrubia wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:54 pm
seghier wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:03 pm
yes i see this message
other problem if we use "the save icon" to save a material and click close or save or cancel the editor closed
if we save from the menu than click on save icon the editor closed
The save icon it's actually "save and close". It's the intended behaviour. The only thing missing is the tooltip.
i have the same problem ; my license floating; and it's better if you make save button like save in the menu , why save and close immediately ?

Max wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:35 pm
It is node locked
Great, we've been able to reproduce it. Reporting an issue. Thanks.
seghier wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:35 pm
and it's better if you make save button like save in the menu , why save and close immediately ?
I don't know the reason of that behaviour. I wans't here when that was decided, but I suppouse it was related to it's use with plugins. As many plugins open mxed standalone, and when you save you want the window to close and go back to the plugin.

Anyway, what I can say is that it's not a bug, but intended.
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]