Everything related to Maxwell Render and general stuff that doesn't fit in other categories.
By DavidLemelin
Hey there,

I think I completely screwed up the RLM on my Mac. I tried editing the license port from 5054 to 5060 to resolve a problem with PC to Mac connectivity... unfortunately the RLM is now no longer accessible. When I enter it's ip address, my browser finds nothing... YIKES.

I'm preparing to reinstall the RLM, but the download I just did provides the RLM app and associated folders, but no installer... I have no idea where to go looking for the old RLM, which I suppose I'm supposed to replace with the new one.

So I'm screwed. I can't get Maxwell to launch because it can't find the RLM to get the license.

Anyone have any suggestions?
By DavidLemelin
Ok... so I've managed to reinstall the RLM and reactivate my licenses... so that's good.

This somehow seems to have fixed the ability for my PC and other Mac to find the license. I do get an error message, but the nodes show up in the Manager and seem to be willing to render. YAY!

But here's the rub... the rendernode on my main machine (where the RLM lives) now can't connect to the RLM. I get an error message telling me this version of the RLM does not support this application. According to the RLM's web page, I'm running version 10.1v2. Is there a newer version? I just downloaded this from the Maxwell Render site.

WTF!?
By Mihai
That message usually means you installed another version of Maxwell, or maybe a plugin version, instead of the Studio version. When you open Maxwell.exe on your local computer, do you get the same error message in the Console panel there?
By DavidLemelin
Hi Mihai,

And things just went back to where they were before. the Windows machine I've been fighting with to get it to talk to the RLM on my MacBook is once again refusing to see it. Here is the error code it generates:

[05/February/2018 04:19:00] ERROR: Error getting license, returned code : Communications error with license server
[05/February/2018 04:19:00] ERROR: TCP server can not listen port: 45459
[05/February/2018 04:19:00] ERROR: TCP server can not listen port: 45463

When I launch any of the Maxwell applications on either of my two Macs, they launch without problem... It's only the Windows machine which is consistently refusing to cooperate
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]