Everything related to Maxwell Render and general stuff that doesn't fit in other categories.
I've created a material as an emitter in MXED. The light is directional—it has IES data loaded that points light to one side so that the light cast is asymmetrical. I need to control what direction it points, but don't see a control for spinning the light on its axis. Spinning an object assigned the emitter doesn't seem to make a difference. How do I change the direction the light is cast?
Rotating the object that the IES material is applied to, should change the lighting direction. If you're working in Studio you also see the preview of the light as blue dots. If not working in Studio, try updating or restarting FIRE after rotating the object.
If I rotate my emitter object in Studio, then the direction of the IES light also rotates. That's great! I'm using FormZ 8.5 and was hoping that I could do all my set up in FormZ since I have 75 emitters in my model that I have to change directions. Rotating emitter objects in FormZ doesn't seem to make any difference. Am I going to have to rotate each emitter object in Studio? Is there no way to change the emitter material so I don't have to rotate 75 objects in Studio? If I do rotate 75 objects in Studio, how can I get that change to register back to my FormZ model?
Looking at the Maxwell FormZ plugin manual, you should have a "spin" parameter to do just that. It looks like you don't go through a specific Maxwell material, but you should use instead the plugins functionality that creates the IES type light for you.

http://support.nextlimit.com/display/ma ... itter+Type
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]