Everything related to Maxwell Render and general stuff that doesn't fit in other categories.
By Mihai
I'm thinking of expanding my multi-national rendering conglomerate into broadcasting...

Well, maybe just start with a bi-weekly get-together of Maxwell users where we could discuss our projects, share tips, see tutorials etc. Would that interest anybody? Would Twitch.tv be a good platform for this? It would be important to have a good feedback of a participants screen, it seems to me Google Hangouts would not be so good for that. And also have the ability to record the sessions.

I have a few ideas for some short tutorials and tips to get started, and if others are interested to share some Maxwell knowledge that would be great, it's always interesting to see how others do things. I could have a guest Maxwell user for each session.

Maybe each session would be about 1 hour long - 30min of a tutorial and maybe some tips, the other 30 minutes would be discussions and questions. Well in reality it would be 35 min of "can you hear me? is my screen showing? I can't hear you, wait, now it's ok. There's an echo...", and then 30 min of something productive :)

Any thoughts on such an endevour?
Last edited by Mihai on Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Mihai
Cool, I'm glad there's some interest for it. Mitsurugi, is that your real name? Would you like to show something for this first session? You have tons of great renders, I'm sure people would like to know your render approach and maybe a bit about postprod?

Abed, would you like to contribute something to the second session?

I've had some questions on how to create a rainy asphalt and puddles, so I think I'll go through that which shouldn't take more than 15 min or so, and then if renderji wants to add something that would be great. And then finish with some questions/discussion with the participants.

I'll ask NL if we could use their gotomeeting account if they still have it. I want to also record these sessions.

Please contact me via PM if you'd like to contribute in any way to one of the sessions. So the idea is to just have short tutorials and/or tips for 30min or so, and then we all bitch about stupid insane clients. Useful info, followed by group therapy for render nerds.
By arcmos
I think this is a great idea. Learning is always good :D

I would be interested in so called „scene breakdowns“ and „how to‘s“.

I know GotoWebinar from other webinars. It works well but I don’t know more about it.

IMHO Next Limit should be onboard here. They can do tips and tricks and the Xperts can do breakdowns etc. There are some great Maxwell Xperts around (Mihai, Nikos and more). Webinars or videos would definitely be better then blog posts.
By Mihai
Ok so I talked with Mirce and we have a nice first episode for you on Jan 25th, at 18:00 CET (or GMT+1). This way hopefully most people will be able to join.

I'll be showing how to make a nice wet asphalt with puddles and Mirce will go through his newest archviz project talking about his workflow. Check out his site, he has some great renders there.

I'm talking with Janna from NL to give me access to a gotomeeting account and as soon as I have the info I'll post the link to the webinar here and on the Maxwellzone Twitter/FB.

There will also be a chat so you can ask questions during the webinar, or if you want you can also post some questions here and I'll take note of them to answer during the session. Also, it's great if you have a microphone too and I can give you access to talk so you don't have to type all the time.

See you then!
Last edited by Mihai on Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]