Everything related to Maxwell Render and general stuff that doesn't fit in other categories.
By gloomer
... that I didn't buy an expensive graphic card, because GPU render is completely useless. it doesn't support a lot of features of CPU render, it gives me a black screen and crashes and crashes and crashes...
By T0M0
I think it was in September when was announced on Facebook that multi-GPU is coming soon.
Now it is December and still no info, even users asked on forum and also on Facebook.
By Aleksey Borisov
You still can buy GPU and use Octane as a preview render. It's kind of alternative to Fire. After all set you can remaster materials to Maxwell and polish a some properties.
By feynman
Indeed.

For industrial and automotive designers, GPU rendering is not useful at all. One has to resort to CPU rendering.

That means, using Octane or Vray, because speed and realism is all that matters to clients, who we need to bill.

Justifying MR to clients who want ever faster and ever cheaper becomes increasingly difficult. We are existing in a commercial reality, not an idealistic fantasy.

Happy Easter to all!
By Eduardo G
GPU vs CPU...don't forget that the scenario at the moment is changing much faster on the CPU area than in the GPU.

Compare what you could buy 12 months ago with what you can buy now..in just a year AMD completely changed the CPU market.

The threadripper series gives you massive render power for a very low (comparably!) cost. You can buy the 32 thread 1950X for less than 700€.

And memory limits/management in GPU will continue to be a nightmare in the foreseeable future..

Well.....they must have been proven wrong, as it's[…]

Hello dear customers, We have just released a new[…]

the render does not start

Also open the Console and read through it to see i[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]