Everything related to Maxwell Render and general stuff that doesn't fit in other categories.
well i dont think the maxwell render time is that low compared to vray for these scenes where the difference is minimal only to a trained eye.
im really saddened by the status of maxwell. been long time since an update worth lookin at (5+months).
Development looks like its stopped, i find myself in extreme need of motivation to even open the software compared to Redshift or other engines.

sad.
Is Redshift a good alternative for industrial, medical and transportation designers (Catia, Alias, Creo, NX)? Keyshot is a terrible alternative in our view.

There are almost too many renderers out there, but none have a plug-in for industrial design software (OBJ like in Maxwell's case is ok though) and it also would be tricky to adopt another renderer - only to find out a year later that it does not succeed in the market.
feynman wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:52 am
Is Redshift a good alternative for industrial, medical and transportation designers (Catia, Alias, Creo, NX)? Keyshot is a terrible alternative in our view.

There are almost too many renderers out there, but none have a plug-in for industrial design software (OBJ like in Maxwell's case is ok though) and it also would be tricky to adopt another renderer - only to find out a year later that it does not succeed in the market.
honestly Redshift is a must to have. It is so fast flexible and great looking quality that its quite crippling yourself to not use it. ITs also cheap and with a stunning development and support. it was the main reason why i dont find any motivation to even try any other engine.
Being a GPU render (biased with the possibility to go full bruteforce) it has an out-of core mechanic which doesnt eat all your GPU ram. this is a huge difference compared to any other engine out there. It basically uses your cpu/ram for lets say voxelization, when your GPU ram is filled. so render never crashes or fails.

it has passes, custom aov, curvature shaders, wireframe, utility nodes, its really a great engine and its worth the money. It keeps evolving and updating, so far i never looked back. I sometimes come here on maxwell forum to see if something is changed but since i bought v4 spending lots of money (they also discontinued softimage plugin) i hardly find any reason to use Maxwell.

I dont know what software you use but redshift supports 3dsMax / Maya / softimage / c4d / Houdini. It doesnt have a standalone mode for now (like maxwell studio).
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]