Everything related to Maxwell Render and general stuff that doesn't fit in other categories.
By Q2
Just installed ( as administrator ) 4.103 on my render farm running Win10 and after starting a network coop rendering I get this error message:

Missing VCOMP140.DLL

While installing I also got the error message that the installer failed to register the shell extension and I could later do so in the folder C:\Program Files\Next Limit\Maxwell Shell Extension\mx_shell-register.bat

Ideas? THANKS!!!!!
Last edited by Q2 on Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Q2
I now tried to install the mx_shell.dll directly but I got a error message like this:

Can not load the module C:\Program Files\Next Limit\Maxwell Shell Extension\\mx_shell.dll
The double backslash at the end is not a typo!
Could that be the problem why this is not working?

Cheers Q!
By Q2
Thanks Luis, BUT...

I still get the error message that the shell extension fails to register even though I do have no other programs open and am installing as admin....

???

Cheers Q!
By Q2
HAHA!!!!

I installed the vcomp140.dll in c:\windows\system32 AND in the next limit installation folder and VOILA my network is rendering in coop mode!

Thanks again Luis
By Brany
Both maxwell.exe and mx_shell.dll needs the 140 (Visual Studio 2015) redistributables. mx_shell installer is currently installing the wrong one (2013). Installing the redistributables from the link above should fix both problems at once.
By Q2
Brany. Your are right.

I first only installed the vcomp140.dll in windows system32 but that did not work.
Putting it also in the maxwell render 4 folder did the trick.

Hope NL will fix this soon. Quite a drag if you have to install it by hand on 12 nodes...

Cheers from Bavaria

Q!
the render does not start

I tried hiding many of the objects in the scene wh[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]