Everything related to Maxwell Render and general stuff that doesn't fit in other categories.
By Mihai
It works, but it seems you have to set the texture output path to the same path as where the axf material is.

Although it looks like the internal material setup is a bit wrong. The top additive layer is using the roughness map as a mask when it should be using the "specular lobe" one. Also the roughness is using the roughness map, but the roughness is set to 100 and this looks too much. The material doesn't look nearly as specular as their samples. So the roughness numeric needs to be lowered to about 50. Or the roughness texture contrast increased.
Last edited by Mihai on Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Mihai
Which version of their library are you testing? I'm so far on the 1.0 one and it works ok.

It seems when rendering the textures aren't appended the name of the material, so don't keep all your axf in the same folder, or for each test, the textures will get overriden with the current test.

Also, the specular lobe texture that's supposed to be in the additive layer mask, needs to be inverted.

So:
  • Keep each axf in its own folder
  • Specify the Texture Path as the same folder as the current axf file
  • Set the "Scale" to something like 4-5 (they come in as tiled only once and since the samples are small you need to tile it a few times)
  • Convert to advanced
  • In the additive layer mask, load the "specular lobe" instead, and invert it
  • Lower the roughness from 100 to about 50 (look at their included render as a reference)
By seghier
i test with this one : AxFBtf_1_0_Dir
i put one file (X-Rite_Basketwork_grey_01.axf) in an new folder and choose the same folder as output but the same error and i can't convert the material to advanced because no textures extracted
---------
update
i tried again and the textures extracted but the same error and material editor can't generate preview or convert to advanced
Last edited by seghier on Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Mihai
Then it looks like the BTF ones aren't compatible, so try with another collection. On the Xrite page it says these are early samples created by something called the "DOME" so it looks like the BTF collection were the earliest samples.
the render does not start

I tried hiding many of the objects in the scene wh[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]