Everything related to Maxwell Render and general stuff that doesn't fit in other categories.
By luis.hijarrubia
seghier wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:34 am
i tried denoiser with another scene but didn't work :
ERROR: - Error running denoise process: FATAL: Unable to find a usable CPU device (are working OpenCL ICDs installed?)
--------
That's documented

http://support.nextlimit.com/display/maxwell4/Denoiser

"In the case you get an error message when using CPU about OpenCL ICDs, it will probably be solved by installing one of these packages depending on your graphics card:

Nvidia: CUDA toolkit
AMD: AMD toolkit
Intel: Intel toolkit"

How did you finally get the denoised image? Using gpu option?
By Mihai
I noticed I also seem to get this CPU error even though I have GPU selected for NR, but it only happens for the first render (sent from Studio). Subsequent NR work ok.

Btw, if saving the denoised output as .psd I only get an empty .psd file.
By seghier
luis.hijarrubia wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:10 am
seghier wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:34 am
i tried denoiser with another scene but didn't work :
ERROR: - Error running denoise process: FATAL: Unable to find a usable CPU device (are working OpenCL ICDs installed?)
--------
That's documented

http://support.nextlimit.com/display/maxwell4/Denoiser

"In the case you get an error message when using CPU about OpenCL ICDs, it will probably be solved by installing one of these packages depending on your graphics card:

Nvidia: CUDA toolkit
AMD: AMD toolkit
Intel: Intel toolkit"

How did you finally get the denoised image? Using gpu option?
I disabled gpu option and tried many times with the same error
than i activated it and render again
This need more tests for confirmation if it is the problem or not , i used intel tool utility and all drivers are updated
By christianz
Is there no setting to adjust the strength of the denoising? That is usually present in photoshop filters and similar plugins?
In my first test, denoiser seems to take away all details.
test-bubble-withoutdenoise.png
test-bubble-denoise.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By Mihai
seghier wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:39 am
Mihai wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:37 am
Why doesn't the background look good?
The background you can see circles like when images are compressed and the color is darker than the original render
I noticed in general the noise reduction tends to darken highlights a little bit. This is alleviated by rendering the base layer to a higher SL. Btw, that error you are getting does only happen if you choose CPU for denoising. The CPU needs a special library in that case.
Last edited by Mihai on Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By T0M0
Regarding to the GPU features (http://www.maxwellrender.com/cpu_gpu_chart/)
what has highest priority in development now ?

Additive layers are still on the "last place" in the list due their complexity or there was some adjustment in your development roadmap regarding to them ?

With latest Improvement - The GPU engine can tile the render to use less memory footprint. would be possible to support extensions like hair&fur / grass and scatter ?
By luis.hijarrubia
T0M0 wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:13 pm
Regarding to the GPU features (http://www.maxwellrender.com/cpu_gpu_chart/)
what has highest priority in development now ?

Additive layers are still on the "last place" in the list due their complexity or there was some adjustment in your development roadmap regarding to them ?

With latest Improvement - The GPU engine can tile the render to use less memory footprint. would be possible to support extensions like hair&fur / grass and scatter ?
The list is not ordered by priority. The orange ones are things we are working now, red ones are things we are not working on right now, but will be done after the orange ones.
By Nasok
Here is my quick little test.
Splash_sl9.jpg
Splash_sl9_nr.jpg
I don't know why some of us aren't happy with having de-noiser. Personally I think it's pretty cool little feature. I do have a feel that de-noiser eat's up some of the details, but hey it's a SL9.
And it is a completely different story on any SL above 12.

To me, it works great, especially in enclosed areas (read arc viz), I do agree with Mihai - more controls would be greatly appreciated.

However, let's not forget why we all use Maxwell, there are many reasons, but none of them is a "clean renders". So I found myself rendering with de-noiser and blending it with original (un-processed) result to bring some of that iconic maxwell grain back. Probably can skip this step once extra controls are introduced.

Cheers.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]