Everything related to Maxwell Render and general stuff that doesn't fit in other categories.
By andyjacobs
Hi,

I sometimes need to get quite a few renders out of variations on a concept and GPU render is great for this. I am really missing Custom Alphas tho. I am rendering the main render in GPU and the alphas in CPU up to SL 8-9, which is fine but it is quite a manual process. Are custom alphas going to be added any time soon GPU render or would it be possible to add a custom alpha via CPU feature?
By luis.hijarrubia
andyjacobs wrote:Hi,

I sometimes need to get quite a few renders out of variations on a concept and GPU render is great for this. I am really missing Custom Alphas tho. I am rendering the main render in GPU and the alphas in CPU up to SL 8-9, which is fine but it is quite a manual process. Are custom alphas going to be added any time soon GPU render or would it be possible to add a custom alpha via CPU feature?
I see possible to add it soon to GPU if we put some limits on it. For example: 4 custom alphas max, each of them 32 objects max, 16 materials max. As GPU work much better with fixed sizes. Would something like that be useful?
the render does not start

Also open the Console and read through it to see i[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]