Everything related to Maxwell Render and general stuff that doesn't fit in other categories.
By Half Life
I tend to use Maxwell Studio as the workspace for compiling Maxwell scenes due to lack of plugin support for my current preferred modeling tool (ZBrush). That said, I see alot of users (justifiably) upset about the breakout of each plugin as a separate purchase (similar to how the SketchUp stand-alone plugin was under version 3). This does indeed reduce the value of a Maxwell license which, combined with the discontinued plugins, drops the value for many users below the threshold of acceptability.

As I look at the upgrade price from the v3 SketchUp stand-alone plugin to a single license of the v4 SketchUp plugin the price is roughly $300 (which is very fair due to the inclusion of MXED, etc). So I am thinking going forward if the user elects to only upgrade a single plugin the pricing structure is intended to be this -- basically à la carte rendering options.

Where I think this logic breaks down is in needless duplication -- meaning if a user owns two plugins they do not need (or use) the license for the second set of external tools (MXED, etc). So I think a more fair approach would be to set a discounted price for each plugin purchased after the first one. Something like this:

First plugin set - $300
Second plugin (etc) - $100 each

I think this would be more fair, logical, and better received by the user base.
By Rafal SLEK
+1
By macray
Half Life wrote:...
As I look at the upgrade price from the v3 SketchUp stand-alone plugin to a single license of the v4 SketchUp plugin the price is roughly $300 (which is very fair due to the inclusion of MXED, etc). So I am thinking going forward if the user elects to only upgrade a single plugin the pricing structure is intended to be this -- basically à la carte rendering options...
I wonder where you found those prices. I only find 590€ (node locked) or 690€ (floating) prices for v3>v4 upgrades...
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]