Everything related to Maxwell Render and general stuff that doesn't fit in other categories.
By Luca_Studioaltieri
Hi, i get a strange behaviour when using ortho lens.

Here's a simple scene, using normal camera.

If i switch to "ortho", this is the result:
  • emitters don't emit, but they "look" emitting
  • emitters look turned off in reflections
  • hdr image looks turned off in reflections, and the scene is lit in a different way

- in previous version everything was ok.
- it happens in 3ds max, and it happens also same thing if i export mxs file and i open it with maxwell studio (also that fire works and production does not work).
- it happens 100% of times.
- if i turn back to thin lenses, or "not-ortho-flag" in 3ds max camera, everything works again..
- this does NOT happen in FIRE (=using draft render mode)... but ONLY with production render (in fire looks all perfect)
below here you can see the image done with fire .... it looks right, as production render should render..).

Can someone help me?
This is really killing my deadline and earnings.... :|
Thank you.
By Nova66
Luca_Studioaltieri wrote:Hi, i get a strange behaviour when using ortho lens.
I'm seeing the same problem. I had to go to a really long lens but that's not a long term solution, especially when what I really needed was a truly ortho view.

Andrew.
By feynman
Mihai wrote:Until this is fixed, try using a very high focal length for your normal camera, like 2000mm. Should produce the same result after a point.
And please use a beefy tripod, so the 2000mm lens won't topple the camera :mrgreen:
so... any news for this bug?
months passed, but ... :( :( :( .. :evil:

EDIT:
and i want to remember that since this bug:
Luca_Studioaltieri wrote: This is really killing my deadline and earnings.... :|
By F. Tella
Hi Luca,

I can reproduce it here. It looks this post passed unnoticed. We'll look into it.

It looks like when using ortho camera it's picking Sky environment instead of IBL. This should be easy to fix.

The look of the light around the box (those too black shadows) could be harder to fix, as it might be a general problem for bidirectional path tracers like production engine and not-so-realistic cameras like orthogonal ones.

Best regards,
Fernando
the render does not start

Also open the Console and read through it to see i[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]