Everything related to Maxwell Render and general stuff that doesn't fit in other categories.
hej there,

mac osx 10.10.5 maxwell beta, nodes (win)updated as well.
i cant submit more than one job. console says [02/March/2016 19:20:05] ### Submitting job...### but there is no job. furthermore i cant stop the one job i'm able to start, add /release any nodes.

Monitor / Manager on the OSX System.
let me know if you need more infos.

Update:
Displacement even if turned on wont render over network.. local works fine.
Are you sure your scenes render fine locally on each of the nodes? You mention displacement won't render, you mean it starts the render but without displacement, or the render doesn't start at all? You might be running into a RAM limit if using pretesselated, or if using On the Fly, you get a very slow render time and seemingly nothing happens.

Also check that all the nodes are using the exact same version.
Hej Mihai,

thanks for taking the time.

i was on version 3.2.1 - network rendering was fine. but i had issues with Modo plugin and hair. so i asked in the subforum. they told me i should try the new version. i did. now hair works but Networkrendering causing problems.

If i render the same scene from 3.2.1 with 3.2.1.2 i run in these problems:

- First job i add in the monitor starts fine(except displacment). 2nd 3rd 4th.... wont appear. i have to quit the monitor, then i'm able to add ONE job again.. 2nd 3rd wont appear..after quitting i can add ONE job again. ( doesn't matter if i add it directly in the monitor or over studio, exact same behavior)

- I cant stop a running job. I cant release or add nodes.

- Scene with displacement ( pretesselated) which is exactly the same i used in 3.2.1 starts to render but ignores the displacment. no error. it renders like displacement was turned off. i checked more than once it was turned on. I dont think it's a ram issue, because it worked in 3.2.1. with locally i meant my current workstation which is running the manager and monitor.

checked all nodes again. all on 3.2.1.2.
It's very strange that it should render but without the displacement. Try to restart all the nodes and monitor and manager, and go to File>Clear temp files. Maybe it's picking up a previous version of the scene from the temp folders. Also try to start Monitor on another computer and see if that lets you add more projects. You're doing cooperative rendering or animation type?
Hello again,

i do cooperative renderings.

Problem One: Only one job. / no control over Jobs
- i tried to use the monitor on a fresh installed system. same behavior. i can add only one job and i dont have any control over nodes, stopping the running job.
as mentioned the monitor console says: stubmitting job.... it even writes the "placeholder" files in the output folder. but it wont appear in the List nor start after the first job is done.

I tryed single Job as well, same thing.

Problem Two:Displacement
I cleared all the temp files.
i checked console log in the nodes. displacement enabled. texture is there too. but it wont render.
Hej Hej,

little update. i installed 3.2.1 again. unfortunately my problems are still there. are there any "hidden" files which wont be deleted during the deinstall ?

update:

i reinstalled all nodes. at least displacment is working fine again. but the one job problem is the same as before.

best regards
arne...
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]