Everything related to Maxwell Render and general stuff that doesn't fit in other categories.
By zoppo
It says "Important reminder: Please note that the new V3.2 beta is not compatible with older versions of Maxwell.
For full compatibility you will also need to update the main Maxwell Render installer and the corresponding V3.2 plugins."

How do I do that exactly? Do I have to uninstall first? Do I have to re-install the license manager?
By pdqwest
based upon past experiences I would assume that you should rename your old Maxwell folder in case you want to go back to that. Then you should start from scratch by installing the new Maxwell Studio software and the new plug in for whatever program you use. Throw your old plug in into a folder you can access later if necessary. Be sure to disable any virus protection software and firewalls temporarily as you install just in case. Don't expect things to go to smoothly. Every release is a work in progress as each person uses the software in a unique manner and it is impossible for the programmers to second guess how their software will be used. Even the largest companies (Apple) frequently make some really stupid assumptions on how things are used in the real world.
By Mihai
Usually, like above poster suggests, you rename your current Maxwell 3 folder to something like Maxwell 3PUBLIC.

Then you install using the beta installer. You will get a new Maxwell 3 folder which is now actually the beta. To switch between them, simply rename this new one to Maxwell 3BETA and the other one back to Maxwell 3.

You also uninstall and install the newest compatible plugin(s) if you wish to test the beta with other 3D apps. Or don't update them if you just want to check out the beta using Maxwell/Maxwell Studio.

You don't need to reinstall and license servers, at least, this would be very uncommon and specifically mentioned in the beta release notes.
By zoppo
I don't need to keep the non-beta version, I was just wondering if the installation was different because of the warning. So I will just install it as usual.

Thank you both.
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]