Everything related to Maxwell Render and general stuff that doesn't fit in other categories.
By eric nixon
3.1.1 load emixer data = crash

Not much more I can say. It crashes just before 'open file' dialogue box can open, or just a milisecond after. No crash report, Maxwell just disappears.
By F. Tella
Hi Eric,

It's odd that it crashes. It should give an error message if the file doesn't match with the mxi. You can edit the emixer file as text to see if it really match.

Anyway, it would be great if you could send us the mxi and emixer files to take check that crash.

Regards,

Fernando
By eric nixon
It crashes just before 'open file' dialogue box can open, or just a milisecond after.
I only tried this with one mxi. Im on XP if that affects it.
By F. Tella
Hi Eric,

I do that operation very often and never noticed that behavior. I'm not using XP though.

Could you please test it with another mxi file to check if it's a general bug or particular of that file; if it only happens with that mxi it would be great if you could send it to me with the emixer file.

Regards,

Fernando
By eric nixon
Hi, sry I overwrote the original problem mxi... Then I had to wait for a very long render to finish before I could try to reproduce the problem, but I cant get it to crash anymore?, maybe it was just a random glitch on that file?

I'll reply here if it happens again.

Haha, thanks.

Hello, I'm still waiting for a solution to the pro[…]

Well.....they must have been proven wrong, as it's[…]

Hello dear customers, We have just released a new[…]