Everything related to Maxwell Render and general stuff that doesn't fit in other categories.
By Mattia Sullini
Well well well, finally i have managed to let this stuff work, i mean the last alpha version, when i have realized that the beta was waiting for me. I have followed the same installation process but now the app doesn't start (while the plugin works fine and the .mxs files are saved correctly). Anybody knows what's going on?
....at least i have experienced the most exciting half hour of the past months with my working alpha!
Mac OS X 10.3.9, G4 Dual 1,25 Ghz, Lightwave 8.2
By Mattia Sullini
I have tried to do it, but no way to manage it. I have checked invisible folders, either, but no duplicated....what sounds weird to me is that i receive no error message when i try to render the scene, or frame, and the files are saved correctly....Uhm, the only things that happens is the main plugin window "freezes" and then activates again, as if the application was about to be launched. I think i'll wait for the first revision, maybe is just a problem related to the early beta version. Thank you anyway for the attention!
By yazan
Can you double click the the MXI files without launching lightwave? if they don't launch it at all, try open with Maxwell option.
By Mattia Sullini
The main problem is that i bought the plugin only on the 15th, and since i had a lot of work to do i opened it only to verify it worked...so....no.mxi files at all. Would you send me a test scene file, so that i can try to do this attempt. Thanx
By yazan
Here you go, there are a number of them in this folder(RMB save as). Also available is what my render looked like. They're really crap, but enough to know if its working. Also there is a zip file with objects and scene and textures to test out from lightwave. Maybe that can be useful too.
http://www.null.jo/Testing
Yazan
By Mattia Sullini
I tried every single combination of actions from the installation process, modified Maxwell_ROOT to better describe the right location....installated and reinstallated at least a hundred times, always checking with cocktail that the .MAcOSX folder was in the right place, and to have cleaned up all the caches....but no way. The only thing i can deduct is that this version simply doesn't want to run on my computer, and that Yazan is the most patient guy i have ever met...!
Thank you for your support and for the files, but since my nerves are melting...i think i'll wait for the next revision after that the only thing that remains to decide is only where to put a bomb at NL headquarters!
By yazan
I don't mean to be insulting but the simplest things get passed us. Are you sure you installed the G4 and not the G5 version?
Also, did you also add the license to the new application?
I think that's all that I can help. Otherwise you'll need to talk to the NL team which I think are busy trying to patch up the OSX Beta version, among other things.
Yazan
Patience is relative. I feel you are being very patient in replying and trying!
By Mattia Sullini
Finally it worked....the new beta and Onyx managed to do it...I LOVE THE WORLD!
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]