Everything related to Maxwell Render and general stuff that doesn't fit in other categories.
I really don't understand how a texture is placed upon an object. I believe it is done via a projector.

But how do I control where the projector is placed? I was told the middle mouse button does this... That I could drag it onto the object. The white outline is the projector and the object is highlighted in yellow.

Fine, But it doesn't work on my Mac.

Or am I am missing something?

If you have gotten this to work on your Mac, please explain how!

Thanks!
Last edited by makeArchitecture on Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By DrDimension
You're right about using a projector but I think the problem in this case is that it looks like you've got both your brick wall and floor objects selected. Are you trying to apply the same projector to both? I think that's why your projector isn't centered and I don't think it's possible to use a projector on more than one object at a time although you can assign the same material. Here's what worked for me and maybe it will help you:

1) Create your new material and assign your jpeg to the Reflectance (0degree) channel. When you load it keep the Projection channel id at 0. Then assign the material to your object.

2) Make sure your object is selected and Create Projector.

3) Select your projector in either the Object Params or Projections List window, go to Windows>Projections Param table and select your mapping method, scale, and orientation.

4) Try a render.

I haven't been able to move projectors with any mouse button/key combinations but that certainly doesn't mean it's not possible. Also, you've got lots more options for material settings than I've mentioned but hopefully this will get you up and running until someone more knowledgable comes along.

Good luck!
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]