Everything related to Maxwell Render and general stuff that doesn't fit in other categories.
I just installed Rc5 for the first time on my G4 10.3.9 and I've gotten the studio app to open a .mxs file created from the FormZ plugin released today. Both Mxstudio and Maxwell have the license.dat copied into the contents/Mac OS folders. Mxstudio reports that I am licensed.

The file opens properly, but when I hit the render button nothing happens. When I try to open Maxwell directly, I get three bounces and then a vanish.

Any suggestions?
By rmulley
I can't get maxwell to run either.....see my post in the FormZ forum.

someone wake me up these guys get their act together please :(
By rmulley
OK, now I got it to bounce at least. Same problem then as monochrome.

RC5 on a G5 here though
By rmulley
Holy crap I fixed it......monochrome, try emtying your trash.....it worked for me for some bizarre reason!

now it works...woo-hoo....finally!
By monochrome
Sounds like a fluke. Maybe you had your old version in the trash (but why would that affect anything?)?
monochrome wrote:I just installed Rc5 for the first time on my G4 10.3.9 and I've gotten the studio app to open a .mxs file created from the FormZ plugin released today. Both Mxstudio and Maxwell have the license.dat copied into the contents/Mac OS folders. Mxstudio reports that I am licensed.

The file opens properly, but when I hit the render button nothing happens. When I try to open Maxwell directly, I get three bounces and then a vanish.

Any suggestions?
From your post I get you copied .dat into both. If so, try this one instead: Copy studio and maxwell package into applications, open sudio. It should open, then go to help, licence and assign the .dat file. Close studio and copy the .dat into maxwell package content.

Hope it helps.
By monochrome
uki,

I tried exactly what you wrote and I'm still not getting Maxwell to launch.
By monochrome
For the record I got it to work. I had a previous RC G5 version on my desktop and that screwed it up. Thanks for the help anyway.
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]