Everything related to Maxwell Render and general stuff that doesn't fit in other categories.
maybe we should start a thread about OSX specific problems for maxwell studio...

here's a first one: the studio app always uses 99-100% of the CPU load, even when idle and in the background. should be fixed. i notice also that studio is not multithreaded.

markus
By makeArchitecture
It crashes midway through opening.

I don't quite get the instructions for the license either.

Do we do it the same as before?

Wm
By Nigel Baker
Similar to before, MakeA,

The installations instructions are in the email.
Place your Licence from before in the package and a load a copy using the HELP> Licence file.

I can not load any objects, I select the file I want but nothing is showing.
Any tips anyone.
By mgroeteke
Nigel Baker wrote:Similar to before, MakeA,

The installations instructions are in the email.
Place your Licence from before in the package and a load a copy using the HELP> Licence file.

I can not load any objects, I select the file I want but nothing is showing.
Any tips anyone.
maybe it would be a useful thing if you could be more specific about what file type you try to open? the file types are in the RC manual (look for 'importing geometry'). LWO isn't apparently supported yet.
By zoetropeuk
I have a bug:

You can only render from the Studio directly to the Render window if low priority is enabled. If you uncheck this check box then nothing happens when you click the render icon.

To render with Low Priority disabled you simply save the scene and then double click the MXS file to start the render.

The benchmark score increases from 8-8.5 to 25 on my G5 with LP switched off so you really do not want it enabled.

Matt
By thinkbuild
Hey guys -

Almost there! For this to get the rest of us (sorry!) its got to have a: G4 version, and the plugins, too (especially SketchUP). I would have preferred to have known it was the G5 version, this would have saved me additional frustration (!) But no matter, I am now a maxwell yogi, full of infinate patience for NL....

And, as such, I am very happy you are well on the way. As always, I (we?) would greatly appreciate some news/updates concerning the G4/SU combo. G4 owners are people, too!

best

Jason
By goncalo
I GET THIS PROBLEM

WHEN IT STARTS

BUT THIS MESSAGE - DID ANYONE GET THE SAME?
Last edited by goncalo on Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
By Nigel Baker
In the download ther is an MXStudio and a Maxwell file.
Is the Maxwell file what is refeared to in the Manual as the MXCL Stanalone Render. If so well then the name in the manual needs updating.
Also if Maxwell is the standalone Render it wont use any of the .MXS files to render. Won't open at all.

Any suggestions.
By Nigel Baker
Hello Goncalo

When launching Maxwell Studio do you go up to the HELP > Menu
Select License File .>
And then select your "license.dat" file that NextLimit sent you when you order your copy of Maxwell.
By vinney57
It worked ONCE but would not render.

Second time "The Material Preview scene can not be loaded"

Interface opens with a bright turquoise 3D window and navigation is like sludge.

Unusable. Jesus what a mess.

Wake me up when it works.

2 x G5, 10.3.9
By goncalo
Thanks Nigel i already done that and is ok the license

I CAN´T see or understand the scene that i import.

How can we make a zoom?
By goncalo
When i open some 3ds file... i even can see the object is a strange thing, i can´t make zoom i can´t find what is happening :?:
By mgroeteke
goncalo wrote:Thanks Nigel i already done that and is ok the license

I CAN´T see or understand the scene that i import.

How can we make a zoom?
ehm, did you download the RC5 manual from the download section? all the shortcuts are listed there... just as a hint :)
By zoetropeuk
goncalo wrote:When i open some 3ds file... i even can see the object is a strange thing, i can´t make zoom i can´t find what is happening :?:
This is what I do:

1. Import Scene
2. Create a new camera
3. Group all my objects together
4. Select parent group
5. Right click 3D viewport and select "Centre View - Selection"

I worked this out by slaving away with RC1-4 using virtual PC :(

Matt
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]