Everything related to Maxwell Render and general stuff that doesn't fit in other categories.
By jelly
I'd like to know what is going to happen to maxwell when, from mid 2006 (officially), apple will change it's processor towards an intel based core and the software will need to be ricompiled.
Quite a number of rumors say the new intel based computers will be announced in the beginning of 2006.

Considering that no osx RC has yet delivered for our actual osx verison, do you think they are developping in consideration of the soon-to-come changes in apple's computers?
By Kabe
Really, this is the very last of my worries. The majority of customers will still use PowerPCs in 2006, it will need quite a bit of time until this becomes relevant.

Kabe
By chrislawes
Looks like this question could now do with some consideration

Mac intel duo!!
By Carl007
Yes please anyone, how is MR compiled? codewarrior?
By thinkbuild
Let's hope they are using XCode, this would make things a whole lot easier...we could try to post a question to them ...
By zoetropeuk
Just look at the interface to MW on OSX, there's no way they're using xCode. I'd put my money on CodeWarrior unfortunately :(

Matt
By JesperW
If you were to look at the interface with a little more knowledge, you would see that it is built using Trolltech QT 4, which is by any standard the most sophisticated cross platform GUI available.

(And it uses xCode for development)

The good question is: Why have NL choosen to pick a really ugly 80's style skin for their applications on both Mac and Windows, when they only have to throw a switch to have perfect Aqua widgets on OSX and nice native XP look on Windows? Strange, if you ask me...

(Oh and for the thread subject, see last paragraph on page linked above)
/j
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]