By Eric Lagman
Don't know if this has been mentioned or not, but I get all kinds of crashes and wierd stuff when trying to apply maxwell materials to a part separate bodies in an assembly. I tried just picking the bodies from the tree, editing the part in assembly and applying materials to bodies. I keep getting a failed to save document when I do this, or when I go to close out the document I get frequent crashes in SW.
By Eric Lagman
Anyone else getting crashes in SW when opening and closing documents with the Maxwell add-in turned on? This seemed to happen in the past also. When i turn the add in off it seems to not crash. Also after a crash when I restart SW the add-in for maxwell will be unchecked sometimes, but not always.
By jjs
Eric Lagman wrote:Anyone else getting crashes in SW when opening and closing documents with the Maxwell add-in turned on? This seemed to happen in the past also. When i turn the add in off it seems to not crash. Also after a crash when I restart SW the add-in for maxwell will be unchecked sometimes, but not always.
Yes -- I get these quite often as well - but I also get them without the Maxwell plugin turned on as well :? - its just more often 'with' than 'without.'

It often happens after I've been using sw for an hour or so - I wonder if it some memeory issue :?: I get a feeling for it about to happen - a few things beginto not work quite right - selection of edges goes abit - rotates slow - that sort of thing- a sort of sixth sense that all is not smooth - I have just learnt to save often :cry: and live with it.

I 've just down loaded the new plugin - not quite sure what all this selection triangle stuff is about but still...... Eric as you say - I just think we have to be opatient for the SW improved texture handling.

TTFN

Jonathan
By Koryo
I have the same issues as Lagman:

Fail to save or crash if you apply MR to part; i hope this feature intends to save materials to the part not the file. what i mean is the materials are currently saved within the part or assembly file but they do not show up if that part or assembly is insereted into a new assembly.

second the motion for cursor select revert after exiting MR. i find it odd that i have this issue at all. something is amiss.

a color chit next to the color picker button would help greatly.

attaching materials is painful. checking them is also painful. could an icon be placed in the feature tree, next to the nearest feature (for faces) body or part to indicate a material attachment? or an annotation (like a note or dimension) that could be hidden and/or right clicked to change values? or an entirely new MR feature tree? FEA plugins do this.

clicking attached materials fails and works in a nearly random way.

using the micro$oft color picker is a slap in the face.

the redraw for MR menu selects is super slow. picking sub menus for common actions is obtuse. it would be nice if all the possible material choices were displayed but non revelant items were greyed. it's annoying to have the side menu pop all over the place.

there seems to be wonkyness while attaching materials in sub-assemblies. you are unable to select multiple bodies accross multiple assemblies.

...all for now

tata,
koryo
By Eric Lagman
I just started to use the plugin after a time away to apply materials to objects then export to studio. I seem to be getting a lot of bugs when I try to apply a material to a body of a part file in an assembly, then try to put a different material on certain faces of the body. It forgets what I did. This was an issue in the past also. Also it seems like the three tabs under the material display option have a mind of their own. Sometimes they want to show me the material that is on an object sometimes it doesnt. Same with the color tab in the middle. Sometimes it gives me the color of my mxm sometimes it doesnt. Does it get confused on which bsdf color to use maybe?

This plugin still has me banging my head against the table when I have to get a model with many parts, bodies, and faces with different materials in an assembly. I suppose I should just send NL a complex assembly, and say try to get different materials on it. Perhaps they are testing the plugin with too simple of scenes to find the issues? Also I get random crashes all the time.
By juan
Eric Lagman wrote:I just started to use the plugin after a time away to apply materials to objects then export to studio. I seem to be getting a lot of bugs when I try to apply a material to a body of a part file in an assembly, then try to put a different material on certain faces of the body. It forgets what I did. This was an issue in the past also.
Hi Eric, we are working on that issue, it seems it will be solved very soon. Now we are working with complex assemblies trying to reproduce the bugs you have reported.

Regards,

Juan
By Eric Lagman
Looks like the convert sw aspect into maxwell materials only works for parts. I had a part where it did nothing in the assembly.
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]