By rdo2000
Hi

I'm having a problem with the latest SolidWorks plugin (1.8.3) in which I can't seem to reset the render region. I'd been rendering the whole scene without any problems, and then rendered just a selected region. Since doing that, when I hit the (regular) render button it still uses that region, but blown up to the full output resolution. Exporting to an MXS and rendering through studio works as expected. Maybe I'm missing something really basic, but how do I reset the plugin to render the whole scene when the Render Scene command is used? Thanks

- rdo
By JDHill
I think I see what's going on there - it works fine for me switching between 'render region' and normal rendering, but it looks like once I have rendered using 'render blow-up', that this then gets stuck in the session (haven't nailed down exactly why yet) and it renders from then on using 'blow-up'. Here, closing the document and re-opening it clears this out; let me know if it does there too.
By JDHill
Okay, I found it - in 1.8.3, some things changed internally and a new 'blow-up' flag that should be being unset after the rendering has been kicked off is not being unset; re-opening the file starts things out fresh with the flag unset, and that's why doing so takes care of it. So, this will be fixed in the next update.
By rdo2000
JD,

Thanks for the quick reply. Does the blowup flag you mention get saved when the solidworks assembly is saved? I've closed and reopened the file (also restarted solidworks in between) and it's still stuck on blow-up mode. I had saved the file with the stuck flag since I was adding materials. Thanks

- rdo
By JDHill
Ack, you're right - it does get saved. Here's a semi-painful workaround: go to Scene Manager > Output and click the 'Reset Output parameters' button in the toolbar. Sorry about that...
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]