By yolk
hi JD

my camera all of a sudden is all whacked up. i'm aiming at the object correctly but if i render it, the object is either completely out of the frame or way too much towards the top.

reinstalled the plug-in. recreated the camera 5 times..still the same problem.

what am i doing wrong..was fine 3 weeks ago (maybe with the older plug)

thanx for your help

By JDHill
A couple things:

1. in the toolbar/menu, toggle on 'camera heads-up display'
2. in scene manager > camera > output resolution, select 'viewport'

Let me know what you see when you do these things.

aside: if anything, the newest plugin should be working better for you, since it now handles the sw2009 aspect ratio thing...
By yolk
nah..that didn't work

best i send you my studio setup in swx2009..with just a sphere in it so it won't be 6934987598345 GB. thanx for pm'ing me your e-mail
By JDHill
Cool, I'll take a look. In the meantime, here's the next thing to do:

- switch to 4-viewport layout
- switch one of the viewports to use Camera1

SW has some weirdness in the viewport handling area, so when set to full screen, it may be giving the plugin some outrageously-wrong bounding rectangle...switching to 4-view should update things and fix that, and you should then be able to switch back.

But I'll take a look at the scene to see if there's something weird baked in too...
By yolk
sorry..super weird..when i deleted the other object and replaced it with a simple cube it now renders correctly.

will test more
By yolk
even weirder stuff is happening now that i reloaded my old model..i rotated it and half a gazillion bolts didn't rotate with the rest of the assembly in the render.

EDIT: actually the bolts are in the correct position but not the rest that floats on top non rotated

man these solidworks programmers have to stop using crystal meth

Last edited by yolk on Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
By yolk
oh now that i think of it..i installed modo 401 and imported these models from swx into modo401..might this have fucked up my assemblies? although they look good in swx
i'm installing sp 4 (EV) and hope this will fix things
By JDHill
If that happens, make sure to check 'absolute coords' in the scene manager > output > export section...sometimes sw's & mwr's coordinate systems don't get along and you have to use this to tell the plugin to pre-transform all of the mesh data. You won't get any instances this way, since they depend on transforms, but you also won't end up with bolts flying around the place.
By JDHill
I just wish I knew what the core problem was, since as you see, the export goes a hell of a lot quicker when the plugin doesn't have to do all of the xform math...but so far I've not been able to identify anything, so at least it's good that I found that workaround. It's just certain combinations of of sw constraints which creates the problem, apparently...
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]