By CRAS
I discovered a strange behaviour of my maxwell plugin:

On the part-level assinment of materials etc. works quite fine but as soon as I add the part into a new assembly file the appearance of the parts material changes its scale (and sometime texture orientation as well).

If I then add a assembly into the larger assembly maxwell "forgets" the emitters which then need to be reassigned in the assembly structure manually.

Single items (parts) seem not to be touched when I open them.
By JDHill
On the part-level assinment of materials etc. works quite fine but as soon as I add the part into a new assembly file the appearance of the parts material changes its scale (and sometime texture orientation as well).
The plugin asks SolidWorks to store data on entities; if, when you add a part doc into an assembly, SolidWorks does not copy the data correctly, then when the plugin asks for the data, it will not be there, and the plugin will not know what might have been assigned or not. The system is surely not perfect in some cases, but there is not much that the plugin can do about this.
If I then add a assembly into the larger assembly maxwell "forgets" the emitters which then need to be reassigned in the assembly structure manually.

If these were named Part > Assembly > SuperAssembly, then would the emitters be assigned at the component-level in Assembly? If so, then it should be expected that they would not be found in SuperAssembly; only attributes assigned at the face/feature/body levels will carry through in other assemblies. Does this help explain what you're seeing?
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

They could still catch up without even finishing t[…]