By JDHill
No, not really, the files for those materials are deleted now. What you can do though, is to open up your files; since the materials in them are no longer found in the database, they will automatically be added to it again when the document they're in is opened. You'll need to re-organize them how you had them before, but you shouldn't lose anything you were actually using. For future reference, you can export collections of materials to an external file using the appropriate commands in the plugin's menu/toolbar.

I'm thinking of changing the database a bit in this area - right now, it's a very real-time type of system. I'm thinking of changing it so that changes made are only committed when documents are saved. Let me know if you would prefer things to work this way or not.

Cheers...
By Eric Lagman
JDHill wrote:
I'm thinking of changing the database a bit in this area - right now, it's a very real-time type of system. I'm thinking of changing it so that changes made are only committed when documents are saved. Let me know if you would prefer things to work this way or not.

Cheers...
Committing changing when saving would be good. Its not a big deal to go and open files that had those materials on them and just reorganize like you said for now. Its my home pc so I did not have a large volume like I do at work. I should go and export the one at work just in case I loose it accidentally.
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]