By adman
Yet another Dell laptop bites the dust and it has been such a pain that I really don't want to buy another.
My current workflow is to write out MXS on my PC then render it up with a loaded MAC PRO 8-core 10Gb RAM.
SW is the only software I use that till now could only be run on a PC.

Does anyone know about running SW on a MAC via Boot-camp and XP?

If I want to take advantage of the 10Gig, do I have to run Vista and the 64-bit SW?

Adman
By yolk
i run swx 2009 on a mac 8core through bootcamp on vista 64..it runs smoothly now that sp 1.0 is out. i also run it under xp on a macbook (white plastic)

i'd definitely go the vista 64 route..lots of ram helps..xp 64 is being phased out.
By yolk
oh and of course maxwell runs great on the mac 8core..love it
By adman
Thanks Yolk

This is reassuring, many have nothing good to say about Vista, particularly 64-bit.
Also, 64-bit SW regarded as a bit rocky; by the sound of it, not your experience.
I assume Vista 32-bit OS has the same RAM limitations as XP32?

Do you have any problems with the graphics card in the MAC-PRO and SW?

Thanks
Adman
By yolk
i just changed to swx2009 and only the first service pack is out..so it's not bug free but pretty stable. i have a crappy card (the standard card that comes with a mac 8core) but on my 1000+ assemblies it runs faster than my the quadrofx3450 on my previous workstation..i have no realview though..but i hated realview anyway and swx2009 now comes with photoview 360..a very fast renderengine for quick first impression renderings
the render does not start

Also open the Console and read through it to see i[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]