By mtripoli
First, thanks JD for the new plugin.

Dumb questions:
1.) I'm assuming we un-install the last plugin?
2.) I still have the old plugin in "add-ins". Though unchecked should this be removed (and how)?

That's it for now... I reserve the right to update my dumbness at any time :lol:
By JDHill
Ask all the questions you want, it's no problem. About this, it should work fine to install directly over the old plugin, but it shouldn't hurt anything to uninstall first either. If you want to uninstall, you can run the installer again - when you run it and the software is already installed, it will show you a Remove/Repair wizard instead of the regular install wizard. You can also uninstall by going to Add/Remove Programs and uninstalling the plugin from there. Uninstalling is the only way to remove it from SW's Add-In Manager.

I guess I'm not sure - are you asking because you have a problem, or just in order to prevent one?
By mtripoli
Wow - you're quick...

Old plug-in uninstalled... new one in... (digging it!)

Remove the old add-in; though it's inactive, seems its just flotsam in the system... not causing any problems, I guess trying to avoid one...

Thanks again!
By mtripoli
follow-up:

I like the way the image is now automatically appended instead of overwriting the last one...

Where did my "old" camera go? It's not in the original scene anymore... (yikes!)
By JDHill
Good, let me know if you find any issues. The help files have been updated - there are some pretty fundamental changes in there, though I hope it doesn't look that way from the outside; I tried to keep things similar enough that people wouldn't get lost moving from one to the other. Particularly, you might want to look at the Camera Tools, Materials Overview, and Plugin Options topics. There are some new plugin options that affect how things are exported, whether that means how Maxwell Materials are auto-generated, and some other things that affect how the plugin exports meshes.

In reference to the camera question, do you mean that you had a camera, and it's not there anymore? Have you since saved the part? If not, could you send it to me so I can find out why it's not being read?

Thanks...
By mtripoli
Scratch the camera question... my mistake...
the render does not start

I tried hiding many of the objects in the scene wh[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]