By jjs
Question 1

has Real Scale this been implemented yet - its in the Help document but does not seem to be showing. To get a texture the correct scale . Or am I not get the correct way to do it.

Question 2 - how does one rotate a texture to get it to align better - wood grain for instance?

I have tried this in Studio - but to rotate the way a material is applied to a surface is not a very intuative :( - - but recently every model import into Studio has one or more parts completly out of kilter with the rest of the model - making Studio unusable.

Jonathan
By JDHill
Hi Jonathan,

Yes, RS is hooked up - it just requires that you use a Channel greater than zero in the texture - once you do, the switch for it will be available in the texture editor. Regarding rotation, no there's not much to be done about that, the UVs come from SolidWorks, but I cannot include the 'rotation' from SolidWorks, since Maxwell does not have this capability. Probably the simplest way, but which may require creation of a duplicate material, is to rotate the texture in its file, either using a photo editing program, or in Explorer - right-click and 'rotate clockwise' or 'rotate counter-clockwise'. It's not slick, but it will rotate the texture.

JD
By jjs
ERROR: - UVW channels ( 1 ) on object "panelling module-1/third module panelling-1-1/Imported1" not enough for material "Medium Oak"
</tt>

ERROR: - Render Failed

- This is what happens when I turn on the Real Scale

I'm trying to get my wood grain texture the correct size on the model.

Thought that rotoating the texture was the only way :( :( - Solidworks not giving you the tools?

Are there known bugs with the selection of Bodies and Parts? - the whole selection and mouse clicks for apply materials just sometimes seems to go hay wire with no logic - sometimes onecan select alot of bodies with ethe shift key down - other times not - and then when I want to go back into SW selection to say alter a part it just get confused.

perhaps i'm just tired. :(

Jonathan
By jjs
Arrghh - now i can't seem to get the Channel back to 0

Bizzarre - now I can - I have to close the whole file and then open it again for the 0 to take effect in the Channel

Jonathan
By JDHill
Hmm...those things shouldn't happen, I'll try to duplicate.
the render does not start

I tried hiding many of the objects in the scene wh[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]