By jjs
Haven't picked up this one before, and have not used maxwell for a while.

I have an assembly - before applying any materials etc I breifly rendered it as is and it was all there in the render.

I thought "hang on I'll just add a few textures and colours and then render". Did that and now the parts in the assembly are just not rendered. The are transparent completely, while the other parts not assigned anything, appear in the default colour.

Got this error

Exception Message: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

what does this mean?

Regards

Jonathan
By JDHill
Hi Jonathan,

If this is repeatable, could you please send the error report when the error dialog is shown? It could be any number of things - something with the model, an error inside SW, or an error inside the Maxwell SDK - the error report should help me tell what's happening.

Thanks,

JD
By jjs
Jd - Will PM you the report

Jonathan
By jjs
strange - - its not happening now. I had to restart my machine for another erason , and now the assembly is rendering - I'll get back to you JD when i have my story straight.

I panic too easily! :D

Jonathan
By JDHill
No problem, if it happens again, just try to remember to click the 'Send Report' button on the error dialog - the report goes straight to my inbox, with the full session log attached, along with some info about your machine status that might be useful.

Cheers,

JD
the render does not start

Also open the Console and read through it to see i[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]