By JDHill
w i l l wrote:Wonder if this is a problem with concentric mates
I looked through a scene from Pierre that had a whole lot of mates, I couldn't find any rhyme or reason to which types or combinations would affect this problem, or why. It's a problem that only occurs when MXST tries to decompose the transformations, so that you can move your objects around with the pivot information that came from SW - MXCL doesn't have to do that reverse-engineering, so it renders fine directly. I've added a new export option for the update which will allow to skip the transform data, and just export the meshes directly in world-coordinates...so all the objects have pivots at 0,0,0, but it completely prevents this problem.
By martgreg
umm i dont know , i just re did all my mates and it came through ok!

it was only a few parts so that wasn't that bad .. i am afraid of what will happen if its in a big assembly

but it is becoming disheartning (sp) when things like this occur as it adds "fear" and extra steps to get something done which wasn't a problem earlier...

hopefully next release is better :)
By Pierre Caron
Believe me it's a complete mess on big assemblies !
Sometimes, even removing and re creating mates doesn't help and I had to place parts within Studio so they look at the right place (and this is great fun)... :?
...And sometimes, miracle, everything is at the right place :D
I really hope the next update will solve this issue.
By w i l l
This is a bit of a nightmare - i can't keep altering mates as the assembly takes too long to rebuild.
By JDHill
You did catch me say it will render fine in MXCL from the plugin, right? Aside from that, until the update is ready, it might an option to export troublesome pieces from their .sldprts and import those into the scene in MXST. I'm sorry this issue wasn't caught during testing, but the transformation system in MXST was brand new when the plugin was being tested (actually, it was in flux at the time), and this problem didn't show itself until both had already been released. The plugin update will be a bit of a double-edged sword - it will fix this problem with MXST, but at the same time, some of the other improvements I'm making should make it quite a bit less attractive to use MXST in the first place.
By w i l l
JDHill wrote:You did catch me say it will render fine in MXCL from the plugin, right? Aside from that, until the update is ready, it might an option to export troublesome pieces from their .sldprts and import those into the scene in MXST. I'm sorry this issue wasn't caught during testing, but the transformation system in MXST was brand new when the plugin was being tested (actually, it was in flux at the time), and this problem didn't show itself until both had already been released. The plugin update will be a bit of a double-edged sword - it will fix this problem with MXST, but at the same time, some of the other improvements I'm making should make it quite a bit less attractive to use MXST in the first place.
I might start using the plugin for rendering - I only use it for setting up textures to then export to Studio. What do you mean by double edged sword - are you saying it'll be so good that we wont need to use Studio?
By JDHill
Well...that's a bit hard to say, I guess...I don't mean to over-sell anything.
I only use it for setting up textures to then export to Studio
I would've guessed the opposite...but if that's the case, then this will be useful: the new version be able to transform texture UVs from SW before writing them onto the mesh - basically that means that it can handle the 'rotation' parameter in a SW texture. If you're not using an explicit Maxwell material on an entity, then the SW texture-scale parameter will also be used, so auto-generated materials will basically be what-you-see-is-what-you-get.
By w i l l
Ok cool. A way of replacing the objects in Studio with the newly saved Solidworks mxs' without it crashing would be good too.
By Pierre Caron
w i l l wrote:Ok cool. A way of replacing the objects in Studio with the newly saved Solidworks mxs' without it crashing would be good too.
+1
the render does not start

I tried hiding many of the objects in the scene wh[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]