By w i l l
What if i want to save a new mxs as a different name? - before it was under save so > 'save as' > change file name.

Cheers.

PS This plugin looks about 2 years ahead of Studio... I just need to figure it out.
By JDHill
Hi will,

It's in the Scene Manager, under Output > Scene Path.

Cheers,

JD
By w i l l
Ok cool. Thanks.

Also i've just noticed something a bit weird - when you apply a transparent/translucent material to a face you cant reselect it with out turning it back to opaque - its like the picker see's through and cant find the face.
By JDHill
See SolidWorks Options > System Options > Display/Selection > Enable selection through transparency - un-checking this should help.
By w i l l
Ok thanks... and instancing - how do we do this through the plugin? I couldnt find it in the help htm file. Or do we not have it?
By JDHill
It's not implemented yet.
By b-kandor
w i l l wrote:Ok cool. Thanks.

Also i've just noticed something a bit weird - when you apply a transparent/translucent material to a face you cant reselect it with out turning it back to opaque - its like the picker see's through and cant find the face.
Hi will,

Hold down shift in solidworks to select a translucent face/part.
By Eric Lagman
Another quick export mxs related question. Sometimes hidden object get export in the mxs file. Is that normal?

Also is a sub assembly of a larger assembly that just contains parts supposed to come in as a group with a bunch of subgroups that just have the single part under them? Shouldnt the sub assembly just be a group with objects under that single group representing the parts. Maybe this is a bug?
By JDHill
Hi Eric,

1. No, they shouldn't be exported if hidden - there's a hard-coded gate that should skip exporting a hidden object. If you have a small enough file where this happens, I'd be happy to take a look.

2. Sounds like it's working as intended - an MXS group should have multiple meshes when it is generated from a multi-body part. I'll see if I can put logic in to determine if all the components contained in a parent only contain single-body parts and skip a level of nesting if this is the case.

Cheers,

JD
By Eric Lagman
I dont think I explained well. Yes multibody parts should be a group with a mesh for each body. I have this one file where it is exporting out parts of a sub assembly as a bunch of groups with just one mesh under each group. I will send a screenshot. Funny thing is it is only happening with that one file and not another one I am working on. Wierd.
By JDHill
But...a sub-assembly is still an assembly. If the components contained in that sub-assembly are multi-body parts, then there will be multiple meshes under the Assembly > SubAssembly > Component MXS group-node. Basically this is how it works:

export SLDPRT to MXS:

- no group nodes
- one mesh per body, if multi-body

export SLDASM to MXS:

a. group node for each component
b. each component may be SLDPRT or SLDASM
- if SLDPRT, multi-bodies will be multiple meshes under this group node
- if SLDASM, go to (a)

If you observe a behavior outside this range, I would be eager to figure out why.
the render does not start

I tried hiding many of the objects in the scene wh[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]