Please let this be true... undermaxwell tehre is a begin animation tab.....

if this works it will be awesome :)

I can't test it now coz i have to go and speak to real people over a dinne rtable to celebrate thanksgiving :(

is there anyone who will test this out before i can :)

thanks
By JDHill
Sorry, but no, there is not 'animation' per se...the plugin provides specialized modes which allow animation to be done, but you need to provide a way (i.e. script) to generate the frame sequence. There is a very specific example of this here, and in the scripting section of the plugin's help files.

Cheers,

JD
By martgreg
doh!!!

im sad again.....

there is no animation support from studio .. so is the only way to learn another software like 3d studio max or learn how to code out a animation in solidworks.. even then if there is no texture support from solidworks i am still in no better place ....or did that change ?

any ideas for a way to move foward ? a software that is "easy" to pick up and use for animations after i have bui;t the main model in soldiworks ...

any opinions would be great just so i can plan my future :)

thanks ...
Last edited by martgreg on Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
By JDHill
Hi martgreg,

Well, the goal was to support SW2007 SP3.1+, so I am limited in this version to features supported by that version of SolidWorks. In future versions of the plugin, support will be moved to SW2008+ exclusively, and this will open at least some doors which are closed in SW2007.

The fact is that the plugin is restricted to getting data that the SW API is able to give - and this is somewhat limited in those areas...but there is some new stuff in the SW2008 API, so we'll see what can be done.

Cheers,

JD
By martgreg
Thats cool I understand some of the stuff you are saying I am not really a computer software guy .. but I understand that tehre are limitations to what you have and what is feasible time/money/headache/business plan

but i am just trying to see what can be done.... on my end.. Animations for my line of work would be good..

So i have to look for some new tools to go for this option.. i am proficient with solidworks and would like to keep using it.. i am in no way against learning something new .. but i have to find a good solution.. i do mainly consumer products ..

i am correct in assuming that studio will never likely have animation as that isn't what its designed for ..

so i have to keep my options open and ask around i guess ...

any ideas ?
the render does not start

Also open the Console and read through it to see i[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]