By b-kandor
As others have mentioned here is some documentation on what is happening to the preferences screen. This is just after loading the plugin and dragging a few materials into the task pane. The last time I used the plugin these values were all set properly. Not sure why this corruption is happening?

A few other things I noticed. If you drag in a material where maxwell doesn't know where the maps are located it doesn't prompt you for the map. When you render it will just fail because the map is not found. If you edit the material then it will prompt with a message 'texture not found'.

Hope this helps!

Kandor
By jjs
B-kandor

Excactly the sort of gibberish I get in my screens .
If you drag in a material where maxwell doesn't know where the maps are located it doesn't prompt you for the map. When you render it will just fail because the map is not found. If you edit the material then it will prompt with a message 'texture not found'
If I double click the material in the list it lets me know that it can't find its textures,etc and asks for a path. I have in the past then directed it to the folder and all has been well.

Juan - However I have found that a few times this "re-direction" does not seem to take hold, even after saving the material. I have had to save a copy of the material and then re-import this new material and re-assigne it to the components. This may be a quirk of that particular material as it has only happened once. It was "cutting Mat" from the mxm library.

It would be very useful if people who contribute to MXM library standardised on a folder location tree that we could all replicate on out computers. Should i suggest this in the MXM thread? However I can't really complain as I have not submitted any materials as I pretty useless at creating them.

By the way I use Dirkey to get to the Maxwell texture folder as quickly as possible http://www.protonfx.com/dirkey/.

Jonathan
By juan
Thanks for the info, Kandor and Jonathan.
b-kandor wrote:As others have mentioned here is some documentation on what is happening to the preferences screen. This is just after loading the plugin and dragging a few materials into the task pane.
Does it happen with a new part/assembly or with a existent document that you open and then drag the materials?

Juan
By jjs
Juan - I'll try through the day - unfortunately I have a few deadlines I have to meet today.

On the texture path issue - it seems that "Cutting Mat" is a culprit for some reason. Just tried another mxm library material and once re-directed to the new place for its textures etc on my HD, it locked into the new folder and was OK - no need to duplicate the material.

Jonathan
By b-kandor
Hi Juan,

I just tried this method and no corruption showed up (except that the camera blade/angle is alway reversed - even if you save your settings - it re-opens with reversed settings)

1: open solidworks
2: create new part
3: load mr addin
4: open preference - no corruption evident.

I'll try different scenarios as time allows.

Thanks,

Kandor
By juan
Hello Kandor and all,

would it be possible you send me one file (part or assembly) that seems corrupted like this one so I can check if the data is invalid or it becomes wrong later? If any of you have a file that when is opened seems invalid, please send it to techdesk@nextlimit.com (avoid large files if possible ;))

Many thanks for your feedback,

Juan
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]