By Eric Lagman
Just a quick question I have to ask about the plugin and maxwell both relating to windows vista.

Will the new plugin work with the Solidworks 2007 Vista version that is still in the works?

Will Maxwell 1.1 core work with windows vista?

Just trying to plan my new computer purchase around maxwell.
By b-kandor
Eric Lagman wrote:Just a quick question I have to ask about the plugin and maxwell both relating to windows vista.

Will the new plugin work with the Solidworks 2007 Vista version that is still in the works?

Will Maxwell 1.1 core work with windows vista?

Just trying to plan my new computer purchase around maxwell.
Hi Eric, I've been following the vista version of sw as well - I noticed they now have a pre-release availabe - but nowhere do they mention if the vista version is 64 or 32 bit?

If I use vista it is definately going to be 64 bit.

Kandor
By jjs
mlee

I have just got this error after a very clean install of sw2007 and win xp onto a virgin hard disk.

However I have also got renderings to work fine.

When I have got the error I have usually found faults in the Render Settings.

Go through these with a fine tooth comb. Set all the paths for the MXI ,image and mxs. Make sure the camera has meaningful numbers . The defaults seem to still get scrambled. I just opened file that worked fine 2 hours ago and the shutter as now .01 and fstop is now 0 - bizarre. The film height often seems to set itself to 0 - set it to .1 or 0.36 and 0.24 ( but this is not always possible.

The number of blades and their angles for some reason often get reversed - bizarre - set this to 6 and blade angle to 30.

In the sky settings I often get a junk text in the KML . Delete it and makesure you have a daylight and not midnight.

I save the settings by using the little Floppy logo on th lower left.

After doing this, the thing usually renders.

Juan - will the new plugin you uploaded today stop these bizarre happenings with the defaults? I'll try tomorrow if I have time.

TTFN

Jonathan
By jjs
film size 0.036 and 0.024 - sorry
By juan
Hi all,

mlee516: if it crash even with a very simple part like a cube this is almost sure not due a bug in the exporter but something different like a wrong configuration or other issue. It might be related to wrong values in the render settings as Jonathan says. Jonathan, I can not reproduce your issues, well actually just once I noticed that the render settins were all wrong, like a i/o error but I could not reporduce it anymore. Can you give me a sequence of steps to reproduce it? does it happen only with new scenes or even if you save an scene with valid settings when you save and reopen the values are wrong?

Many thanks!

Juan

PS: We have tested Maxwell with previous versions of Vista, we will test SW for Vista as soon as possible.
By juan
mlee516 wrote:Could it be because I have not upgraded the SP yet?
If you are still with SP0.0 that is almost sure the cause, I thought you were with a later version. Be care when uploading to another SP, there are some issues if you try to upload directly from SP0.0 to the latest one. Check the second page of this thread:
http://www.maxwellrender.com/forum/view ... c&start=15

If you still get issues please let me know.

Regards,

Juan
By jjs
Juan - I can't find a pattern. I have been getting SW just bomb out on me and givig a run time error. This is when not working withMaxwell, but the plugin is still ticked. I have noticed that the defaults sometimes seem to be screwed when I next open maxwell, but it could just be my imagination linking the two.

For example - I just did a render earlier today to test things in quite moment :D , saved andclosed down - I came back and added a part, materials dissappeared, so I saved and opened th file to get the maxwell materials back. Hit render - but all was black in theendering - scratched my head, checked all the settings, all seemed OK. Then after a few attempts realised the pixel ratio had set itself to 0. When set to 1 , I no longer got a black render.

It is bizarre - I dn't know quite what to say.

Jonathan
By John Layne
jjs wrote:
For example - I just did a render earlier today to test things in quite moment :D , saved andclosed down - I came back and added a part, materials dissappeared, so I saved and opened th file to get the maxwell materials back. Hit render - but all was black in theendering - scratched my head, checked all the settings, all seemed OK. Then after a few attempts realised the pixel ratio had set itself to 0. When set to 1 , I no longer got a black render.

Jonathan
I've been having the same problems with the run time error. Also same issue when adding a part to the assembly all materials disappear until I close and reload the assembly. I have also had the black render problem, to solve that I ended up creating a new assembly for the render - a lot of work. Next time it happens I'll look at that pixel ratio thingy.

Haha, thanks.

Hello, I'm still waiting for a solution to the pro[…]

Well.....they must have been proven wrong, as it's[…]

Hello dear customers, We have just released a new[…]