I've been finding that the new SW plugin is not so certain of creating a MXS file.

I have covered the usual texture problems by double clicking each texture and if it comes up with a missing path for dawrfed files- I direct it to the correct location for its textures.

I check all the camera, sky and rendering setting because I still get some odd junk being put in there by the ghost in the machine. For instance - on one path it had suddenly had C:\/Program files\/ etc ----- the / and \ had appeared together :shock:

Afrter all this checking - Still the mxs file does not create. It does not even get to open the mxcl console where at least I could see what the problem was by looking at the log file.

Are others finding this as well? That the plugin is not as roobust as before for creating the mxs file.

Jonathan
By jjs
I finally got the mxs file created.

It happened after I have re-created all the links for the file paths whereever on the pull down Maxwell menu.

Juan - I have noticed that there are no default cities listed in my version. This is on my clean XP sw2007sp1.1 version. I think this install is not 100% correct. So as to avoid flagging up unique problems to this particular install, I think I will re-install Maxwell.

What is the best way of un-installing it and re-installing it and how to deal with the licensce file, which I have always found , in my niavety of such matters different to the way others do it .

Jonathan
By juan
Hi Jonathan,

We are still looking into your issues, we target to release a patch at the end of this week or the beggining of the next one.

To uninstall SW plugin go to Start->Control Panel->Add or Remove programs and you will see an entry for Maxwell plugin for SolidWorks 2007, can you see that?

Kind regards,

Juan
By jjs
So uninstalling is fairly conventiuonal. I'll get back to you with my success :D

Jonathan
By John Layne
jjs wrote:
Juan - I have noticed that there are no default cities listed in my version.

Jonathan
Ditto, pleas add Auckland to the list. The rest of the Cities in New Zealand are unimportant nothing there but sheep.
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]