As in the title - be warned.

Also don't directly jump from SP0.0 to SP2.2 or you're screwed - and that's a technical computer term.

Welcome everyone to the world of Solid works updates. Its like the good old days of sw2000. We just have more disks!! which is some sort of progress.

Jonathan
By Pierre Caron
Thanks for the info....I was about to update from SP0 to SP2.2 when I saw your post...Now updating to SP1.1 to update from 1.1 to 2.2...I hope it will work
By jjs
Saved yourself 3 hours there.

Jonathan
By Pierre Caron
Yes and SP0 already crashed my PC during installation making me waste 2 hours rebooting and recovering the system :(
So again...a big thank you Jonathan
By b-kandor
Are you using the dvd version? It's much easier that swapping all of those discs. sp0.0 was quite buggy but sp1 improved quite a bit and it's been out since last summer. fwiw, I upgraded to new sp's as soon as they are available and with 2007 (using the installation manager) I haven't had any problems updating. sorry that you are though!

Kandor
By John Layne
b-kandor wrote:Are you using the dvd version? It's much easier that swapping all of those discs. sp0.0 was quite buggy but sp1 improved quite a bit and it's been out since last summer. fwiw, I upgraded to new sp's as soon as they are available and with 2007 (using the installation manager) I haven't had any problems updating. sorry that you are though!

Kandor
Ironically I did install from DVD, but that error that I and Jonathan both had still asks for the CD on udating to SP2.2 from SP 0. I nearly went bald upgrading to SP2.2!!!!!

But it is a known issue (SPR 356360), doesn't happen to everyone so it seems. I think you have to have a name starting with J -- Juan -- John -- Jonathan.

Edit
Just check it's been fixed in SP3.0
By jjs
Who gets the DVD - I just got Cds

I've been using very powerful Voodoo for the last few years to ward of SW installation problems - its very disturbing that this juju seems not to be working anymore. If this goes on much more I might have to up the sacrifice to one of my daughter's Budgies, at the moment I just use a worm from my daughter's wormarium.

Here that Solidworks - be it on your conscience.

I must say that when installing SW I am always glad to see the splash screen near the end - with the picture of the grinning 'ginger one' and his signature of quality - it usually means the ordeal is nearly over.

Jonathan
By John Layne
jjs wrote:Who gets the DVD - I just got Cds

I must say that when installing SW I am always glad to see the splash screen near the end - with the picture of the grinning 'ginger one' and his signature of quality - it usually means the ordeal is nearly over.

Jonathan
I saw that grinning face literally about fifteen times as at crashed out in the last few seconds of each time I tried to upgrade.

I recommend upgrading SolidWorks when no one else is around, that way you can scream and swear your head off and that way only the cat thinks you’re insane.

Yup we got DVD's here in NZ, we did also got the CD's they should make nice Frisbees.
By jjs
I feel your pain. When I shout and scream - the budgies just get hysterical :D and join in.

Had any luck with textures being applied using the Solidworks textures being selected and then being supersceded by the Maxwell textures used in an mxm - I think thats how it works , judging by the videos.

Jonathan
By John Layne
jjs wrote: Had any luck with textures being applied using the Solidworks textures being selected and then being supersceded by the Maxwell textures used in an mxm - I think thats how it works , judging by the videos.

Jonathan
I added the Maxwell textures to the SolidWorks Textures ---
Options \ System Options \ File Locations (added the Maxwell texture folder here)
That way you can attach the SolidWorks (Maxwell) Texture to the part and see how it will apear in the render. You can just attach any SolidWorks texture but the texture in the render is the one that's attached to the Maxwell Material.
By jjs
Good Idea - putting the Maxwell textures in the Solidwork library. I'll do that.

I've just been playing and it did work a couple of time - I then got cocky and though to rotate the SW texture to see if it changed the orientation of the maxwell texture --- but I seem to have broken it now and it no longer works. :cry:

The render just whips though to Complete - but nothing is visible in the MXcl window and all the Fstopo, iso shutter speeds etc are blank - its quirte bizarre - never seen that before .

Jonathan
By b-kandor
Thanks John! That's a great idea.

Kandor
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]